Cauliflower Oatmeal

Options

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    is butter a carb?

Yes. But if you are on an all-carb diet, you can't eat at Taco Bell. :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    So I am a big fan of oatmeal, but OMG the carbs!!! So I was trying to figure out a replacement and suddenly thought..."Why not Cauliflower?!"

I steamed a head of cauliflower in the microwave for 8 minutes, then pureed in a food processor. Added a bit of milk (fat free), cinnamom, and brown sugar, let it sit in the fridge overnight, and voila!! Tastes exactly like oatmeal!!

Pics to follow!

Perfect! Doesn't matter what you add to it, it all becomes negative calorie!

I like to flavor it with ipecac syrup to make it double negative calorie.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Like OMG this is so delish. If i could I would marry it.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

cauliflower-color01.gif

Holy s**tballs. There is some mad craziness going on with that.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Really, what CAN'T you do with cauliflower? It's like a superfood!

It is super flexible!! Like the Yoga of foods!!!

May the florets be with you!
    I Adore cauliflower. I like it roasted, mashed, steamed, and grated up with some cheese to make a gluten-free pizza crust. About the only way I DON'T like it is raw. :-) Can't wait to try the breakfast version!
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Oatmeal . . . . I'm just not feeling it . . .LOL
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I was into cauliflower before it was cool. Now it's, like, sold out or something. Pizza crusts and oatmeal, I ask you!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I Adore cauliflower. I like it roasted, mashed, steamed, and grated up with some cheese to make a gluten-free pizza crust. About the only way I DON'T like it is raw. :-) Can't wait to try the breakfast version!
    [/quote]

I even like it raw. Does that make me weird?
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I smell a rat, or a trap... Or a rat and a trap, no wait someone just forgot to shower again -_-
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I was into cauliflower before it was cool. Now it's, like, sold out or something. Pizza crusts and oatmeal, I ask you!

It is totally mainstream now!
  • derby_sk8ts
    derby_sk8ts Posts: 10
    Options
    Cauliflower Oatmeal . . . . I'm just not feeling it . . .LOL

Its deish.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I killed the other Cauliflower thread with this... Let's see if I can do it again!

cauliflower-color01.gif

My cauliflower is stronger than any one picture. Because my cauliflower EATS other cauliflower. Cauli^2
  • Labouffecestbon
    Labouffecestbon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh please dear God tell me this is a joke. I've seen so much weird *kitten* passed off as alternative recipes that I just don't know any more. :sad:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Next up, cauliflower pasta.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/products/j-l/kraftdinnersmart.aspx
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Fookin' hipster...
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've seen recipes for cauliflower pancakes too, so you can switch things up when you get bored. lol
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Why would one want to replace an awsome healthy food like oatmeal, leave cauliflower where it belongs, smothered in butter!!!:bigsmile:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting this thread because I just saw this.

caulioat1.jpg

It's real.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am just gonna say it - that sounds repulsive - but you get points for being creative

No need to be rude. Cauliflower has a natural sweetness that can be enhanced by adding brown sugar and cinnamon. Eating low carb is tough, but worth it.

Not to be rude, but.......Um, HELLO!!! Brown sugar is a CARB! You should know that by now. I NEVER use brown sugar on MY cauliflower oatmeal. Duh. :noway:

Um, sugar is not a carb, it is a sugar. Check your Nutrition facts. It has Carbs listed THEN sugar. Seperately.

I suggest you take a look at the wikipedia page for sugar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar). It is most definitely a carb.

Wikipedia is not peer reviewed.
    It is very basic knowledge that sugar is one of the simplest carbohydrates around. Here's the Encyclopædia Brittanica article, if you're worried that bad people at Wikipedia are trying to trick you: http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/571880/sugar

Or here, from sugar.org: http://www.sugar.org/sugar-basics/all-about-sugar.html

Or here, from CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/carbs.html#types of carbohydrates

Or here, from Medline Plus: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002469.htm

Just.... thank you.
    To argue that sugar is not a carb is just..... :noway:

Have fun with your cauliflower oats.

Sounds like you could use some delicious carbs. Here, have a cauliflower cookie. :flowerforyou:

people actually taking it seriously.....:laugh: :laugh:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Resurrecting this thread because I just saw this.

caulioat1.jpg

It's real.

Looks amazing! nom nom