Anybody else who creates their diary in advance?

Options

Replies

• confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I log for the whole day in the morning (with all my good intentions) and then 'amend' at night to record where things didn't quite go to plan :tongue:
  • Juliste
    Juliste Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I usually do a day or two in advance. I do a lot of meal prep & have my meals packaged to go in containers for work. This helps me plan out my week & keep track of my calories. If it's already in my diary I feel like i'm less likely to cheat with bad stuff!

I do exactly the same. It saves a lot of time and helps me stay on track.
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I try and plan and log in advance for both myself and my OH. I make lunches the night before and portion it out 40/60 as we have big differences in our calorie needs. I'll plan a few days in advance and shop accordingly. It helps avaoid last minute panic and eating whatever is in the cupboard - usually the kids crisps and biscuits!

I'm actually going to get my eldest son to start logging on here as he has a very un-varied diet due to his Aspergers (a real creature of habit), and at 16 I think he needs to start taking control of his own diet. Hopefully it will help him eat better once he goes to Uni. He has no weight issues, just not great on variety.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I put my food in, in the morning - I take a pack lunch to work (including my snacks) to keep me away fro anyhting tempting. Today there are choc chip cookies, millionaires shortbread, brownie bites AND doughnuts in the staff room but I'm trying not to look. (I could SO eat a cookie this morning, I feel rubbish). I put in what I think I'm going to have for dinner, and tweak if I think its too high in calories, or add to it if there's a lot left over.

I log the exercise as I do it. I try to plan my meals as far as possible within the day calories plus the "basic" activity I can't avoid(walking to work), using the "bonus" calories ("deliberate" exercise like aerobics etc.) for treats.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I always recorder it the day before as much as I knew at least even further ahead also.
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know the key for me is to be organised so I generally work out the night before what I'm having for breakfast and lunch the next day and log that and once I know how many calories/propoints I have left I plan my dinner from there.
  • anupamaanupama
    anupamaanupama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I generally plan my meals a day in advance. It helps me keep a track of my calories. Sometimes when I cannot follow my meals as planned it upsets me though so I have thought of getting rid of this idea now.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Every night i plan my breakfast and lunch for the following day except for weekends i only set my breakfast..
    Reason i do that is i can't log while at work and don't want to forget and also like to know roughly what im looking at calorie wise for when i goto the gym.
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do if I know I have a 'special' event coming up so that I can factor in a few treats without going totally awry (sometimes works, sometimes doesnt) I'm also returning to work soon after a year off on maternty leave so am going to plan on a Sunday evening to keep me on track & make sure I have my fridge well stocked with healthy foods :drinker:
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I do! I log all my food the day before and stick with it.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Since starting Atkins I have been pre-planning every morning for the day. It keeps me accountable. I have been doing this for 5 days so far and it works!!!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I pre-log. I find it's more helpful to know what I'm going to eat the next day beforehand.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    yeh, I always have Porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast every day since I found out how awesome that is, I always have a smoothie with the same basic ingredients, also recently I've been having my version of eggs florentine with large portabello mushrooms, so that goes on there, so at the moment, breakfast and lunch ill log in advance. also I ate the same dinner a few times this week so pretty much I could have just copied the whole day over :P

not always like this tho.
  • hanfit85
    hanfit85 Posts: 10
    Options
    NO

I feel like its a curse - if i pre-log a nice healthy day full of vegetables and exercise...

I end up sitting in track pants with a large dominoes...

I make it a rule NOT to pre-log!

But maybe that's just me?!?!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    NO

I feel like its a curse - if i pre-log a nice healthy day full of vegetables and exercise...

I end up sitting in track pants with a large dominoes...

I make it a rule NOT to pre-log!

But maybe that's just me?!?!

woah. thats kinda weird. how does it happen? tell me more? like do you wake up the next day sleeping on the pizza box?
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I almost always log my main meals first thing in the morning so I can play around with the rest of my calories and macros as I want. I don't tend to add in exercise though until after I've done it
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I plan most of my weekdays since I know what I am having for lunch and snacks as I can only eat what I take with me. And I usually make one thing that I have for dinner 3-4 nights so I can add that in.

It helps me plan snacking and if I go really over I know I have to go to the gym whether I want to or not.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I log mine either the night before or that early morning. I do it right on my food diary. That way I can see my total calories, my carbs, fats, potassium etc. I can even it out per meal. If I see I am over on sodium, I can look back and see what I can change to keep the calories and lose sodium etc.

Pre-planning my meals helps me keep on track :drinker:
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    yep I do :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I plan my dinners a week in advance, which helps with shopping, and I have all my food logged in my diary the night before. I find I eat better (i.e., hit my macro and calorie targets) and enjoy a wider variety of food since I'm not standing in front of the fridge/pantry going "hmmm, what am I going to eat?" Of course, if my mood changes during the day I'll adjust it, but it gives me a solid starting point. I don't worry about exercise calories because I eat the same amount every day (weekly exercise is considered in my daily targets).