Anybody else who creates their diary in advance?

Options

Replies

• funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Yes I do meal plan ahead of time. I always put my drinks in & milk etc for the entire week as i have the same everyday. I limit myself to 5 cups of tea and 5 cups of fruit tea. I also add my milk quota which i measure out. I plan the night before what im having the next day and put it on mfp ready. If there are any calories left for that day, i can then add them as i eat them. I find meal planning really helpful. I often get everything out ready & weighed, (like my porridge ready in a bowl for the morning), the night before.

I dont generally log exercise until i have actually done it, unless its the daily walk to school and back. Sometimes classes get cancelled or kids are off sick etc, so i just leave exercise calories until I have physically done it!
  • falloutspud
    falloutspud Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All the time. its the best way to stay focussed and not go off track. i always work backwards from my evening meal (the most dangerous time for me). always find it handy to keep a 100 or so in hand so that if temptation does come my way i have a guilt free get out plan!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I usually go in and add all things that are always there, such as coffee creamer. I will also add what I know I will be eating if I have it planned out. It's good to do it this way. It helps keep a gal on track.
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    I sure do!!!! that way I have my non negotiable food planned out (ie meals that I am cooking and will eat for sure and there is no way to scrimp on calories) and I know what I have left to 'play with' for snacks and treats :)
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I do. I log everything in the morning. I also log in my exercise is for the day It keeps me honest for food and exercise.
  • ordnaj3la1
    ordnaj3la1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I plan in the morning when I'm in class. Whatever I'm in the mood for that day is what I log in first, then adjust everything so it can fit my macros. Just as a guideline, like that I won't accidentally overeat and all that.
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I usually plan my meals a week in advance!! I enjoy working out what I'm gonna eat and planning different dinners and lunches etc!! It always helps me stay on track too. I only put my exercise in after I've done it because I use a HRM to calculate my calories burned and I never know how much it's going to be.
  • funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have also started eating porridge. The guy at the gym told me off for never eating breakfast and said try porridge. I was thinking YUCK, but I can happily say im converted. Its just enough to take off the hunger pangs and gives me that extra boost during a morning gym session. Very inexpensive too :laugh: :laugh:
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail is a good motto and works. I try to plan ahead as it helps keep on track but the great thing is you can change stuff as the day goes on if you feel you fancy something else.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    just finished mine for the day. As soon as hubby leaves for work I get my coffee and plan my food for the day then it's done. No guessing and no worrying about what I'm going to eat. I print it out and lay it on the table and refer to it when needed.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    When I don't have school and work to worry about I do. However, especially during the school semesters I may not always be able to pack food and have to eat on the fly. I just record what I actually eat. It also helps me, because I have a tendency to under eat when my stress level goes up.
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a month long meal plan which I repeat, if I fancy something different I just change that particular meal. They reckon the average person only cooks 9 different meals or variation of them so I thought that planning this way might help up the variety of foods I eat. It seems to be working for me at the moment and as an extra bonus I'm wasting less food and saving some pennies.
  • pkingfox
    pkingfox Posts: 25
    Options
    Up until today - I have been logging as I eat with the exception of when we go out to eat I will "play" with different dishes that particular restaurant serve and see which one fits my needs for that day the best. After reading these responses however, I may rethink how I am doing this....I love the monthly meal plan - I have never been an organized soul and would love to have more structure in our lives - so I may start giving a little more time to pre-planning as it sure would help make shopping, cooking and everything much easier. Thanks guys for all of the great ideas!!
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No, it's a good idea, but I haven't got there yet :ohwell:
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I started doing this a bit and it helps because I'm still learning to get it right on the numbers :-)
  • crazysquaw51
    Options
    I pretty much do the same as you do, once I get on the computer I log in what I had for breakfast, then what I'll have for the other meals based on what I'm cooking for that day. seems to be working okay for me
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I always do my diary first thing in the morning. I leave myself with some calories to spare so I can have a snack here and there. I never know what I might crave.
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    I plan my day out the night before, immediately after I've closed my diary for the day. Keeps me disciplined...if it's already in the diary, I'm less likely to eat something I haven't planned for.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I put in today's breakfast, snacks, and lunch last night as I was preparing them.
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I tried MFP a few times before and logging meals each meal has failed for me personally. I'd log a few days then found it too tedious, then quit. After I close out the diary tomorrow I will have logged a full week for the first time.