Does anyone else get antsy/guilty if they miss gym sessions?

Options
Hey guys,

I hope you are all well,

I've recently gone back to the gym after a 4 month break - after i broke my ankle in Jan.... Now I'm back in.... I'm back in full and proper!
if i miss a day i feel guilty and antsy!

Does anyone else get like that?

xoxoxox

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    must lift and do cardio. it helps my sanity.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yep, same here really.....mines to relieve stress too x
  • RockChickSarah
    Options
    Yes i do... especially on Sunday, as its my rest day, get proper flat n narky at people ... but know in the long run its the best thing for me, as hard as lettin that day slide, might be
  • JennaL890
    JennaL890 Posts: 39
    Options
    Glad to hear your ankle is healed!:)
    Yes, I am the same way! If I don't go I feel soo lazy and unproductive. It's a horrible feeling! lol
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Yes, until I got my Body Media FIT LINK armband. It shows me how many cals I'm burning as the day goes by, so no matter what I'm doing I can still ensure I meet my burn goals. You'd be shocked how many cals mowing the lawn and hauling yard debris burns. :happy:
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    I used to go to the gym every day until my trainer told me I really needed to enforce 2 rest days a week. My rest days start out OK but by the end of the day, I get jittery. I try to make it a strong workout in the evening before my rest day and then return early in the morning the day after just to shorten the time betwen them, or I get koo koo.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been sick and unable to get to the gym at all this week, I feel absolutely horrible. Bloated, gross, weak.....can't wait til I'm not contagious anymore.
  • emarose90
    emarose90 Posts: 52
    Options
    Yep!

I physically don't have the time to go this evening as I'm going to a gig, and have to drive there first as soon as I'm home from work and changed. I can feel a twitch in my eye already....
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've been sick since last Saturday and missed the gym most of this week. First day back was yesterday and I have to say I felt like crap and was beating myself up all week about not going...

I miss a day and I feel gross.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Nope, It happens, thus is life. I don't stress about it.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I honestly get pissed if I miss a workout or am cut short of my workout. I want to smash someone now.
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    totally

sometimes it's a effort to go but once i am there i love it and it does clear my head
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I've felt that way for the last 10 years.
  • funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dont feel guilty i feel annoyed if i miss a gym session lol. I have Thursday & (most) sundays as rest days. I would go everyday, but you need to rest. I also use the gym as a stress reliever, so a good Body Combat session or running is so good at getting the Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh out! I find it invigorating & motivating
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Exercise is my stress reliever! I get really grumpy and depressed and my patience level goes to ZERO if I go 3-4 days without some sort of serious sweat inducing exercise :laugh:
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, i love the feeling I get after a gym session, it's addictive.xx
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Well my names Ant and I'm missing a session tonight...so yeah.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes! Dedication or obsession on my part not sure.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    Yep!

I physically don't have the time to go this evening as I'm going to a gig, and have to drive there first as soon as I'm home from work and changed. I can feel a twitch in my eye already....

Hahahahah i have the twitch! x x
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Options
    Absolutely, i love the feeling I get after a gym session, it's addictive.xx

yep that feeling after a good gym sesh, when you walk out and you just want some wholesome food! x x