Does this drive anyone else crazy??

Options
When you've finished your log for the day and it tells you how much you might weigh if every day was like today and it has went up since the day before?

How much accurate is it?

Replies

• mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Nope, what dries me crazy is not losing the weight that it says I should have lost. THAT makes me crazy!
  • ValMartin79
    ValMartin79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with Cupcake. Been told for over a month that I should weigh 10lbs less today then I did a month ago and don't. BOO!
  • seanyldn
    seanyldn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's fairly accurate I would say, but it's all down to the nutritional information and calorific content of whatever you've eaten that day and exercise done. Unless you actually had exactly the same food in the same portion every day, with exactly the same exercise done, you wouldn't actually be that weight in 5 weeks.. it's merely a guideline to tell you either 'you're losing weight with a diet like this yay' or 'do another day like this and you'll be huge, you naughty cake eater'

What I hate is when I forget to put something small on the diary, go back in, and then finish it again, only to find that if I had eaten that extra thing every day for the next five weeks I'd be several pounds heavier. THAT I don't like.
  • markdavies120
    markdavies120 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    take it only as a motivational figure that based on a general summary of you would hit that if you stick exactly to your set weight loss goal and cals.

everyone is different and i have seen it from both hitting a target much faster than the 5 weeks to knowing after 2 weeks that i wont hit that figure shown previously (I do make a note once a week and see how i am going against it).
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It's not very accurate, even if you were to follow it to a 'T' every day for 5 weeks. Even with diet and exercise, I am only marginally responsible for any weight loss. My body will do what it likes with excess fat, no matter what I do. It may hold onto it for dear life, or it may let it go. I don't have much control over when my loss stalls, and I am not overeating and I am exercising moderately. I just have to have faith it will come off eventually and not in some concrete time frame....

-Kendra
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i couldn't tell you what my diary said i would weigh 5 weeks ago. but, it seems to be fairly accurate, slow and steady
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I am on a prolonged stall (5 whole weeks oh my gosh) it's been telling me I should be losing and I'm not. I'm a mere 5 pounds away from my final goal so I'm not streesing...
  • seanyldn
    seanyldn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's an incredible loss justal, well done!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I ignore it. If it really bothers you just don't complete your diary at the end of the day.

I have found that it's accurate if I stick to the same calorie level every day. Otherwise not so much.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I never close my diary for this exact reason. Its total bs and I don't need that kind of negativity. So I just don't close it...why should I? It isn't like it does anything for me to close it.

tumblr_mi1auhSSGQ1r2afs6o1_400.gif
  • Jers43
    Jers43 Posts: 100
    Options
    It was pretty close for me. When I was very consistent with diet and exercise.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I never close my diary for this exact reason. Its total bs and I don't need that kind of negativity. So I just don't close it...why should I? It isn't like it does anything for me to close it.

Yep. MFP is bullying people again . . .
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I say meh....it's just an app, it can't tell me anything unless I put information into it in the first place. It's not very accurate, it can't tell anything about you, your goals etc really at the end of the day. Just learn to ignore it if it bothers you I suppose.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

Yep. MFP is bullying people again . . .

oh hey! look at that, you're right. There is never any bullying on mfp, by the app, fo sho.... my bad.

tumblr_mmvbkoPKw51rck2c0o1_250.jpg
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    No because I never close my diary.
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    well, for 6 months or so, It´s been telling me I should weigh 77 in 5 weeks... pretty frustrating! I think MFP toys with our expectations!
  • anna_olivia
    anna_olivia Posts: 61
    Options
    I believe that it is based on your caloric intake and the number of calories you burned and thus, will be different each day! So, if your daily calories in-and-out were the same, each and every day, then it would be accurate, for the long term!
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    cake.jpg
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I kind of like it....if I'm over for the day...it'll tell me if that "over" was by enough to gain weight over the long term or still "lose" a little. Maybe I'm weird...I like a little bullying, reinforces my notion that I'm doing is the most correct path for me!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just use the number to pick up on patterns in my eating and exercise. I don't hop on the scale after 5 weeks and say, "Curse you, 5 week weight estimation! You said I was supposed to weight exactly XXX.X pounds!"

Plus, that number can't account for logging errors or daily variations in your activity levels.