85 lbs Gone, Goal Weight Reached!

Options
First and foremost, if I can do this, ANYONE can do this. Sure, I worked hard and ate better than I usually did, but quite honestly...it's not all fun and games, and it's HARD to resist things sometimes.

When I was 18 1/2 years old, I stepped on the scale. 232 lbs. 232 lbs. 232. That number was stuck in my head. I was NOT thrilled with it. I was appalled. I couldn't believe that I let myself get so big. I know that I was in denial thinking that I was only about 50 lbs overweight, not 82.

But when I saw that 232 lbs, I knew that something had to change. I had to do something about this while I was still young and could take the weight off rather quickly. I wanted to see a healthy number on that scale. I wanted to know that I had come a long, long way, and that I was going to be healthy again - be able to run around with my brother and not get winded after a short amount of time. And be confident enough to have a man by my side and not feel like a blimp next to him. (I've never had a boyfriend, and I know that one of these days, my "perfect" man will come along since my confidence has come up. God just has to bring him into my life.)

33u52l0.jpg

b4t8pi.jpg

But anyways, I started my journey on September 10th, 2012. I dropped my calorie intake from probably about 3000-4000 a day, to 1300-1500 a day, with some exercise thrown in there. I started out just doing Leslie Sansone walking videos - 1-2 miles a day. I also did some Wii Zumba to start out.

I started out a size 16 pants, and an XL-XXL shirts.

Here are my stats for my 8 months doing this journey - September 10th through May 10th.

September 10th 2012: 232 lbs (first day dieting)
October 10th 2012: 217 lbs
November 10th 2012: 205 lbs
December 10th 2012: 193 lbs
January 10th, 2013: 183.5
February 10th, 2013: 177.8
March 10th, 2013: 170.2
April 10th, 2013: 159.2
May 10th, 2013: 150.4

I then added running and the elliptical on my list of exercises that I LOVE doing. I never, ever thought that I'd be able to run. Heck, I used to get winded by going up and down the stairs in my house, how in the world was I going to take a jog? I started out just running 3 minutes a day at 5 mph. Recently I ran my first mile ever at mph - 12 minute mile! I was SO proud of myself and how far I've come!

Since started my journey in September, I have lost a lot of weight but gained so much. My energy level is so much higher than it used to be, and I absolutely LOVE running around in the backyard with my little brother and not getting winded so easily!

I am currently a size 8 pants, and a medium top. (I never thought I'd be a single digit...or a medium!) And I weigh 147! (My goal was 150).

o05hg2.jpg

a9wkme.jpg

SO here's the deal. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it. I still eat what I want - in smaller portions. I have currently stopped tracking my calories but I still make sure that I don't overeat during the day. I eat pizza. I eat cake. I eat chips. It's just all in moderation.

sxbor5.jpg

Get healthy. Because your life will be so much better when you do.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!