Where was the wagon?

I fell off the wagon this weekend in a major way...pizza, chocolate, etc., and even while eating these delicacies, I told my husband that if I'm going to blow it, I might as well go out with a bang (which I did)! So, my question for you all is how do YOU find the will power to stay on the wagon when your mind is saying "oh well, I've been good and can start eating right again tomorrow?" I'm all for little rewards, but I took it too far!

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    I log everything before i eat it, and usually 1. I'm shocked at how many calories can be in such a little amount of food and 2. I usually get so depressed at how bad the food is that i don't want it. Sometimes i am suprised though. We had people over for swimming and they ordered pizza and i had them get me a salad. I wanted pizza SO BAD so i came on here and found out that a dominoes med cheese pizza only has 180 cals, as did my salad, so i had a piece. It's all about moderation. If you want chocolate, take a bite, log it. If you want cheesecake, take a sliver, log it. And for the next couple days try to cut down 100 calories or so to make up for that cheat day you had.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    I log everything before i eat it, and usually 1. I'm shocked at how many calories can be in such a little amount of food and 2. I usually get so depressed at how bad the food is that i don't want it. Sometimes i am suprised though. We had people over for swimming and they ordered pizza and i had them get me a salad. I wanted pizza SO BAD so i came on here and found out that a dominoes med cheese pizza only has 180 cals, as did my salad, so i had a piece. It's all about moderation. If you want chocolate, take a bite, log it. If you want cheesecake, take a sliver, log it. And for the next couple days try to cut down 100 calories or so to make up for that cheat day you had.
  • ljm0104
    ljm0104 Posts: 42
    When I am just having terrible cravings or my family comes over has heart attacks on plates (the joy of having a southern family!). Just remember how far you have come and I get on this site and just browse and read all the good messages on here. I also watch fit tv channel so they make me feel guilty. :sick: Good Luck you can and you will do it!
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    I think it is the start eating right tomorrow. Something I too need to work on. I think if I eat bad I need to correct it immediately with the next meal, not tell myself tomorrow. Cause sometimes that keeps me off the wagon for weeks!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    When I am just having terrible cravings or my family comes over has heart attacks on plates (the joy of having a southern family!). Just remember how far you have come and I get on this site and just browse and read all the good messages on here. I also watch fit tv channel so they make me feel guilty. :sick: Good Luck you can and you will do it!
    OMG i do that too haha! I love that show just cook this with sam the cookng guy. I used to watch food nextwork ALL THE TIME but had to stop because it made me so hungry. Ill look at what the person is cooking in the info before i watch it to see if they are cooking something i can eat or not.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    OMG i do that too haha! I love that show just cook this with sam the cookng guy. I used to watch food nextwork ALL THE TIME but had to stop because it made me so hungry. Ill look at what the person is cooking in the info before i watch it to see if they are cooking something i can eat or not.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    I log all my food in the morning to help me stay on track. I'm not perfect however I've lost 84 lbs and I'm SO close to getting under 200 lbs I just can't stand it! I have dark chocolate dove in my desk drawer and I don't know how many times I've looked at it the past week but I won't touch it. I'm so close and I just want to be under 200 before we go on our family vacation in September. I'm loving the way clothes fit, I'm loving that I don't have to shop in the fat girl stores anymore. I'm loving that I can buy something off the rack and it will fit, I don't have to try it on. I'm loving the energy I have! This is my new lifestyle and I'm not giving it up for food.
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    One day of eating will not make you gained back all the weight you have lost. You are active in exercise and as long as you are back on the next day dont stress it. Enjoy the food instead of beating yourself up over it. It's not fun to have a treat if you regret it for days. I notice that if I give myself a little sweet treat every once in a while or a small amount that doesn't hurt my calories then I tend not to binge when I do eat junk food. If I havent had junk food in weeks then I would tend to eat more because my brain tingles :smile:
  • I fall off the wagon sometimes too, but even on my bad day I just remember that I can always move forward and do better the next meal and keep on going until I reach my goal. After that comes the maintainence part. it's hard I know. It took me months to lose 15 pounds, which is 1/3 of the weight I need to lose, but when u have a day where u may mess up a bit don't dwell on it will cause you to mess up more days. Hey, remember u are only human and sometimes we are not perfect, but that will never make u a failure.