Any advice ?

Options
When you workout in a day you gain more workout calories? Why is that? Do you use up all your calories and fat etc for the day?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    your calories are added back to your calorie allowance for the day
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    MFP builds in a calorie deficet into your profile. If you workout and burn calories you need to replenish that energy so the calories get addded back in. It is a heated debate on here whether or not to eat those calories. Personally I have always eaten at least most of my workout calories but everyone is different.

Good Luck.
  • Lea10
    Lea10 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks. I thought if u ate the workout calories then are you actually loosing weight its like exercising to go and eat them then im confused???
  • LadyNay191
    Options
    I see the workout calories as a bonus! Usually, after a good workout, I'll need to eat at least part of those extra calories just to maintain my energy and make sure I have enough protein for muscle repair. However, you should still be meeting your weight loss goals if you eat your workout calories as long as everything you're recording is accurate.
  • LadyNay191
    Options
    I see the workout calories as a bonus! Usually, after a good workout, I'll need to eat at least part of those extra calories just to maintain my energy and make sure I have enough protein for muscle repair. However, you should still be meeting your weight loss goals if you eat your workout calories as long as everything you're recording is accurate.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A lot of people use it as a way to eat more...which is good...so if you are dying for that Skinny Cow...then you can work out and have some extra cals left over to eat that Skinny Cow without any bad feelings about it. It's a good thing! :)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    When you workout in a day you gain more workout calories? Why is that? Do you use up all your calories and fat etc for the day?

Some people eat them all, some people eat some of them, other people do not eat them.

Personally, I do not eat them, but we are all different. If you find something which works for you, continue with it. Don't change it because somebody says you should as they are not you.

Best wishes in your weight loss :flowerforyou: