'Ideal' celebrity weights below BMI of 18.5?

Options
2»

Replies

• clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and used to be 105-115 lbs up until my mid to late 20s.

My lean mass alone is about 110 pounds now. There's no way I could EVER weigh under 120 now, and you know what? I don't give a damn. I'm healthier now. I feel better now. I'm stronger now. I think I look better now. Yeah, I'm not as slender as the average movie star, but it's not my JOB to look good on screen.

Here's the same costume when I was 110 pounds at 19, and around 135-ish at 40. So even though I weigh significantly more, I'm still close enough to the same size to still fit in that costume. Heck, I'm currently around 140 and wearing the same clothes I wore when I was 125 in Oct 2011, before I started seriously lifting weights. Screw the damn scale and anyone who thinks your weight matters.

jeanie-copy.jpg

Here's a poopload of photos at different weights: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/886672-1-5-million-calories-in-775-days

You look incredible now! I would never have thought you weigh more now than before

I'm the same height as you - you're my new body inspiration!

Personally, I don't believe anything the media prints about a celebrities weight, height and measurements unless it comes out of the actual celebrities mouth. So many media publications will print anything and make up what they have decided is 'wrong' or 'true' about the star - similarly as many stars need to work hard to maintain a particular look (not even one that fits right with their natural body-type) in order to be employable, many stars are naturally slender.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2325739/Is-revealing-womans-weight-taboo-Allures-decision-publish-Zoe-Saldanas-115lbs-cover-sparks-furious-debate.html

Zoe Saldana
    5'7"
    115 lbs
    BMI - 18 (underweight)

^^This is why, with a BMI of 21, I still feel 'too heavy'. It feels ridiculous and immature to blame the media and the celebrity culture... but when I read things like this, it really doesn't help with my body image and confidence. Does anyone else feel this way?

BMI is a garbage stat IMO as it does not account for muscle mass...according to BMI I am "obese" but I have 12% body fat ...go figure LOL ..just ignore it...

^^ THIS, ALL DAY , EVERY DAY!! ^^
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2325739/Is-revealing-womans-weight-taboo-Allures-decision-publish-Zoe-Saldanas-115lbs-cover-sparks-furious-debate.html

Zoe Saldana
    5'7"
    115 lbs
    BMI - 18 (underweight)

^^This is why, with a BMI of 21, I still feel 'too heavy'. It feels ridiculous and immature to blame the media and the celebrity culture... but when I read things like this, it really doesn't help with my body image and confidence. Does anyone else feel this way?

no. and i can only go by my own experiences with my self. comparing to other people's progress or photos is pointless.
    they have different body type, less muscle, personal trainers, on call chefs. etc.

no. hell no.

Well said. I go with the BMI range and shoot for somewhere in the healthy range. No point in being underweight, you'd just look sickly
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't believe anything the media prints about a celebrities weight, height and measurements unless it comes out of the actual celebrities mouth.

Case in point: Charles Barkley is reported to be 6'6 and the Rock is reported to be 6'5. Now, MAYBE the Rock is scrunched down in the picture, but that still looks like more than one inch difference.

rock.jpg
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yeah living and partying in NYC my entire life I have met and know personally many celebs..and honestly they mostly look very small scrawny sickly and weak:) Its sad but true...I admire and aspire to look at the celebs and Holywood of old:))
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Folk like us don't even need to look like them either - I always thought that they probably do look different in real life (not all, but many), and those "Celeb puts on the pounds" stupid articles where the celeb may look a little bigger are just what the celeb usually looks like when not working.

Unless our jobs comprise of being in front of the camera or advertising clothes, then getting that look is pointless to us. We don't need to be 10lbs underweight because our job isn't based on appearing in front of something that 'adds 10lbs'.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wasn't one of Zoe Saldana's first movie roles as a dancer? Pretty sure she's just naturally tiny. You never hear anyone giving anyone *kitten* for a BMI of 25 (which is technically overweight). Different bodies, different sizes. My bare skeleton is probably 120. We all just need to be the best WE can be.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Anne Vyalitsyna (Victoria's Secret model)
    Weight: 119
    Height: 5'9"

That's definitely underweight, but honestly.. she looks so toned, I doubt that's her real weight.

:ohwell: