Does anyone else get antsy/guilty if they miss gym sessions?

Options

Replies

• Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one x x
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yes!!
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Girl I had neck surgery yesterday and I'm already laying a trip on myself hoping to get some cardio in! Feel you 1000%
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yep, ALL the time...if I take day off I feel super guilty ...but I know I need to rest....too much exercise is not good either....I have anxiety all day awaiting to go from work too....ughhhhhhh
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yes it's hard for me to even take a rest day. I'm somewhat addicted to exercise I think. I pulled my neck really badly rolling out of a handstand and couldn't exercise (or move really) for 6 weeks. Worst time of my life, seriously. It was over 3 months before I completely healed and could start lifting again and I still have to be careful doing certain things. That was last July btw :/
  • TLow97
    TLow97 Posts: 55
    Options
    For one day, no. Two days is unforseeable.
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Rest/Recovery days are part of my fitness training
    I feel antsy/guilty if I do *not* take my Rest Days
    :-)
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    YES. This Tuesday I had a 3 mile run planned but I was so super exhausted I had to take a nap instead or I was gonna crash. I really needed the rest day but I still felt so guilty.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love rest days, just like I love hard workout days! I look at them through the IIFYM lens: if I get in all the workouts I want during the week and my muscles are so sore it's hard to walk (like today! Yesterday's lifting session KILLED my legs), then I enjoy the crap out of a day of rest. I use that time to enjoy doing something else I love, because working out, whether cardio or lifting, is not the only thing in life I love to do. Plus, I know that time off is doing amazingly healing, restorative things to my muscles so they can be even stronger for my next lifting day or hard bike ride. Rest days are a beautiful part of a fit and healthy lifestyle. :-)
  • dfurton83
    dfurton83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Working out has become part of my daily routine. I hate when I miss a gym day, I know I need the rest but it helps relieve stress and makes me feel better. I feel regretful when I take a day or two off. I always feel that way when the gym has closed and I didn't go.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    guilty: No.

antsy: Very.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The two days off on the weekend sometimes are the worst. I normally have to do something stupid. Like cardio.

To keep my mind right.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The two days off on the weekend sometimes are the worst. I normally have to do something stupid. Like cardio.

To keep my mind right.

Oh look, a weight lifting elitist.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options

To keep my mind right.

Oh look, a weight lifting elitist.

Oh look, someone judgmental on the internet. But then again. A light 50 mile cycle day is a nice escape. How you doin?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    No. I felt guilty for not working out for 9mos even though I was preggers.

I only weight train 3X's a week. So if I miss one day, I just do it the following day. No big deal there. I eat accordingly. I only eat BIG on days I work out.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love spinning. I go six days a week. I am addicted!!!!!!!! Take Sundays off because they don't have a class. I love the burn!:love:
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both out of work and have gotten our bills down to rent, utilities and the gym. I refuse to let the gym go. This is the one thing that relieves stress. I notice not only in myself but my husband too, we get antsy when we don't go.
  • kgem4u2
    kgem4u2 Posts: 69
    Options
    On my rest days I feel like i should be doing something. It is hard especially when you are in a groove and then you have to rest. Your body is telling you to keep going but you know you need to rest. Haha, glad to see others saying this, I thought it was just me being pyscho about exercising.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty but I get antsy-it's like my body is so used to working out that when I don't, it doesnt know what to do with all that extra energy.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yes, all the time. haha. working out is my "medicine".