Female Issues - Guys be WARNED!!

Options
Fair warning to any guy who clicked on this thread, this is female stuff!!! Get out now, unless you want to hear gruesome details about periods!

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes. They really need a "General Health" Forum on here!

That being said, I’m wondering if other women have this issue or know how to help. I will warn I’m about to talk about pooping and being on your period. If this makes you uncomfortable I would leave now. Whenever I get my period, I find it excruciatingly painful to go number 2 or even to pass gas for that matter. Like doubled over in pain and don't want to do anything. :cry: I also find that I can sometimes be constipated as well. My intestines cramp up and I feel sharp pains when I go to the bathroom. Trust me I know the difference between intestinal pain and just cramps because it’s that time of the month. I’ve noticed this in the last 6 months or so. I haven’t asked my doctor about it, because I thought maybe this was just a phase. However, I fear this pain isn’t going to go away. I’ve heard of women getting diarrhea when on their period, but intestinal pain and constipation? Before I seek help from my doctor, I wanted to see if there are any other women who experience this or know what I’m talking about. Does this have a name? Can it be treated? Is this more common than I know? Please help!!

Other info:
Aside from weight, I’m generally a healthy 25 year old. I rarely get sick, and since exercising my blood pressure has gone down to a healthy level 117/78. My mom and my sister haven’t had these problems as far as I know, and there is no indication from family history that this has been a problem. When I was 19 I was told that my body doesn’t always produce enough estrogen, keeping me from having regular periods. I was put on birth control to control that.

I might not be able to respond right away, as I’m as work, if you ask questions. I appreciate any advice or info!!! Know that even if I can’t respond back I thank you for your help!! :drinker:

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it could be endometriosis. Unfortunately, you can only really diagnose it with a laparoscopy. But, your symptoms sound just like endo. Go see your gyn
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it might be endometreosis. I would def go and get checked out by your gynecologist.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing. Horrible pain with #2 and sometimes I can't even go because my girl cramps cause intestinal cramping and it hurts to badly to go.
    Now that everyone mentioned endometriosis I got nervous because I have never thought that could possibly be it. I avoid the doctor like a plague though because I'm a medic and I usually self diagnose and stay out f the office, especially the gyn office!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've had friends with endometriosis complain of this. :(
  • kathendo1984
    kathendo1984 Posts: 111
    Options
    hello, i do have endometriosis and this is definetly a issue. Thankfully though i am now on the new iud coil and have had no periods since it was put in 2 months ago only very slight spotting so it has eased alot. i would see your gp, and bring up endometriosis and see what he says. also research it online as you may have some of the opther symptoms but not know that its related. x
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest endometriosis too - I have stage 4-5 and feel no pain from it most of the time (luckily). I have adhesions attaching my bowel to various parts of my other innards - including uterus & fallopian tubes.

I sometimes get cramping (double over type) when I need a bowel movement but it generally passes once I've been. I figure it's the adhesions pulling.