what to expect

Options
Soooo, it hasnt been a week yet since i started myfitnesspal...lifestyle chang...lol...DIET. By following the exercise I said I would do on my profile...and following the calories and etc......will I really lose the 2 pounds a week ???( the projected weight loss stated by this program??).....just wondering if everyone is getting the results they want from simply following the outlined plan!!! Let me know :)

Replies

• roromclarty
    Options
    Soooo, it hasnt been a week yet since i started myfitnesspal...lifestyle chang...lol...DIET. By following the exercise I said I would do on my profile...and following the calories and etc......will I really lose the 2 pounds a week ???( the projected weight loss stated by this program??).....just wondering if everyone is getting the results they want from simply following the outlined plan!!! Let me know :)
  • jrmckee
    jrmckee Posts: 15
    Options
    I have had wonderful results, just remember if you don't lose weight you may be losing inches.
  • bushidosword
    bushidosword Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I joined on March 16th of this year and have lost 36 pounds so far! All I did is follow the guidelines, be true to myself on what I entered for calories (kept nutrition guides for all restraunts around in my car for just in case) I feel much better and you will too!
    This site is awesome, Ive even invited my friends and co-workers!

Stick with it and good luck!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yes! Some weeks I lose a little less than 1.5 lbs (my goal), but sometimes I lose way more than that - 5.5 lbs in a week is my record!!

Tips:

1. Be TOTALLY honest with yourself about what you eat. Try not to take nibbles of this and that - it adds up!

2. Eat most of your calories - I think leaving 100 or so would be okay.

3. Be honest about your exercise. I only count it if I break a sweat and if I did the activity for the purpose of exercising. Shopping, cleaning, etc.... I was doing that before and was h.e.a.v.y. I don't count it as exercise.

4. Plan, plan, plan. Plan out meals ahead of time so you can see if you'll have wiggle room for a few cookies, or an extra serving of something. Look up restaurant info BEFORE you go out!

Good luck! Yes, it will work for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I joined on March 16th of this year and have lost 36 pounds so far! All I did is follow the guidelines, be true to myself on what I entered for calories (kept nutrition guides for all restraunts around in my car for just in case) I feel much better and you will too!
    This site is awesome, Ive even invited my friends and co-workers!

Stick with it and good luck!

Instead of ALL the nutrition guides, I bought the little Calorie King ~ Calorie, Fat & Carb Counter~ book from Wal-Mart for like 5.99 and it has over 200 Fast food chains & restaurants....I couldn't live without it! You can check it out at www.calorieking.com.

Best of luck!