I'm new..and need some friends.

Options
Belafay
Belafay Posts: 3 Member
I'm a 43yr old mother,I was diagnosed with heart failure in 2000 from a tick bite. I used to be 145lbs... Now I have about 90lbs to lose. I started curves a month ago and lost 2 lbs. UGH! But I used to diet and drop weight like crazy. I'm guessing ???my metabolism has slowed because I have tried to stay around 1500 calories and that was all I lost. I keep edema (swelling) all the time, I'm sure this is a factor too. But I want to live! I have a 7yr old adopted daughter from China who needs me and my marriage is on the rocks because of the way I look...I am fed up and ready to take back what life I have left and live it ...I am discouraged with my recent 2lbs loss in a month!!! & could use any motivation anyone would be willing to give me & tips on how they lost weight..Thanks so much.

Replies

• Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'm online everyday and have been a member now for quite some time. I met my first goal in 2012, but have been stalled in a plateau for my second goal.
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    Will do what I can to encourage and support you. I sent you a friend request.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! I am on every day and am always trying to motivate and encourage people!
  • beebe1964
    beebe1964 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, welcome....feel free to add me...I will do all I can to encourage you.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Please feel free to add me. I am now nearly at my target weight, having been here since Oct 12 but am still intending to be around on MFP for a long time to come. I log daily and try to be as encouraging as I can with my friends. I also have knowledge of heart failure as I currently care for my OH who has it and understand some of the problems that come from medications etc.