If you had a choice....

Options
MizTerry
MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
I am in the market for an IPOD for my daughter who is about to graduate high school. There are so many options, but I'm leaning toward the Gen 4, either the 16 or 32 gig.

Help a girl out...do you have one? If so, what is it? Would you recommend it?

Replies

• oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I only have a blackberry Playbook and a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I heard iPads suck.
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have the 160gb iPod classic and I love it. I would say the best type of iPod for her completely depends on her listening habits. I have a ton of music, so I need a player with a large capacity.
  • MizTerry
    Options
    Ipod classic? Yeah, but you can't take pictures with that or access the internet, can you?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Ipod classic? Yeah, but you can't take pictures with that or access the internet, can you?

correct.

if you want an ipod touch, i would probably go with the 32gb. the 16 can fill up quickly if they get a ton of apps.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I only have a blackberry Playbook and a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I heard iPads suck.

solid contribution having nothing to do with the topic.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options

solid contribution having nothing to do with the topic.

Oops, I thought it was iPad not iPod :S.....
  • zortgirl
    zortgirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My son loves his iPod Touch. We got the 32GB and having that much storage space for apps and movies has been great. The trouble we are having is that his is a second gen so new games being released now won't work on it. I would advise you to get the newest one you can find to keep it relevant for longer.
  • Brallen1969
    Brallen1969 Posts: 91
    Options
    Bigger is always better right? Lol
  • mdjcpa75
    mdjcpa75 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'd go with the 32 gig. The 16 gig tends to fill up fast. My kids absolutely loved their iPods until we upgraded them to the iPads last fall.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love my classic. Get all the storage you can. You'd be surprised just how fast they fill up.
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm a Cowon guy. Cowon is noted as the "iPod killer".
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I had an iPod touch but sold it on craigslist because I just use my iphone. It depends on how much music she has? Bigger is better. And definitely a touch screen. makes it easier to nav. Look on craigslist for the one you want. I personally avoid paying full retail for anything when I can.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I've had an ipod mini, an ipod classic, an itouch, an iphone and an ipad (all airline miles rewards!). I use the touch as my mini for hiking, my itouch for long walks, my classic as a paper weight, my iphone as a phone and my ipad as a bathroom, alone time entertainer. I like them all but I have no idea if anything is better since these are the only ones I've tried.
  • MizTerry
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your opinions.

Brallen1969, this is one of the many shining examples as to why we are friends. Hahahaha
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have a 16gb iPod and I loved it. But then I bought an iPhone and it also can play music and videos so these days I'm using my phone more. Either one is great for playing music when you work out. :smile:
  • MizTerry
    Options
    Yeah, but a phone requires a data package, but an IPOD doesn't, right?