i think i'm giving up.

Options
2»

Replies

• Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up! You're half way there. You have worked so hard to get to where you are.

This time last year, I had lost a total of 23 pounds - I was more than half way to my goal. Like you, I had a bad day, but I did quit. I thought, "There's no recovering from this catastrophe," and I convinced myself that I didn't really need to lose 35 pounds (lies :-). Now, a year later, I"m back because I regained 13 of the 23 pounds I had originally lost...sigh. And I kick myself because I have to re-lose weight. It's not a fun place to be.

Everyone has a bad day (or a few) but hang on and dig deep to find the motivation you need. And when you can't find it within yourself, there are a gazillion people here ready to give you encouraging words and a push! Please don't give up on all your hard work! You can do this :flowerforyou:
  • JennaGermain
    Options
    You might possibly have done something that I have a trouble with. I try to eat super-duper healthy but then I rebel and end up chowing down all kinds of bad stuff because I feel preemptively deprived or I'll stop exercising because I do too much & then hurt too much the next day so now I know that I have to moderate some but still have some of the foods I really like and even if I just exercise 20 minutes, that's still better than having that 20 minutes be sitting & vegging. Each day is a new day to try to do better. Don't give up!!
  • mthomas25
    mthomas25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You might possibly have done something that I have a trouble with. I try to eat super-duper healthy but then I rebel and end up chowing down all kinds of bad stuff because I feel preemptively deprived or I'll stop exercising because I do too much & then hurt too much the next day so now I know that I have to moderate some but still have some of the foods I really like and even if I just exercise 20 minutes, that's still better than having that 20 minutes be sitting & vegging. Each day is a new day to try to do better. Don't give up!!

This is such a good point. That is exactly what I have done. About 1 week ago I reached 138 (I have NEVER seen the 130's) I was so proud of myself but the very next day I was STARVED from trying so hard. I was determined to eat more and exercise a little less because I was pushing myself too hard to lose the weight too quickly. I am on the tail end of that same downward spiral. BUT I feel so much better after reading all of these comments! Thanks for your support!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    If every time I went nuts eating I thought I was giving up I'd have been out of here a long time ago. Shake it off and move on.
  • JennCh
    JennCh Posts: 63
    Options
    If every time I went nuts eating I thought I was giving up I'd have been out of here a long time ago. Shake it off and move on.

It really is a mind game. I go through this with running. I keep saying I want to run, and I go out and do it but curse the entire time. Nothing is physically wrong with me; it's my mind taking over. Someone made a good point recently--do a mental physical inventory and if nothing is hurting and you're not sick, say, "Suck it up, Buttercup" and keep going. This has helped me so much. Mantras go a long way in getting our minds to embrace what we're trying to accomplish.