Who's done TAE KWON DO????

Options
2»

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am bumping this up as I am looking at starting TKD ! there is a school a few minutes walk from home, I have already made some queries and I can come and do some classes at no charge to see how I like it. I have always wanted to but kept chickening out. Now that I am doing more exercise ( 30 DS plus other workouts and I do a lot of walking) I feel a little more capable than I did before. Not that I am superfit or anything like that.

I am quite nervous, as I have never done any martial arts before and I am kinda uncordinated and unbalanced , dunno how to kick or punch properly plus I am late 30's if that makes any difference. I know there will be bruises, not too bothered about that. Just not sure what to expect!

any tips for me? thanks !

thanks
  • Bulldog501
    Options
    took a PE one semester in college...got a yellow belt......it was ok.... great work out. lost some weight and ate lots of tuna on wheat
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Thread title reminded me of this:

tumblr_mbeg04b9E91rfjzmqo1_500.jpg

Okay, serious reply time:

Sounds like a good workout and I hope you enjoy it!
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've only just started (about 6 weeks ago), I love it, my son has been doing it for about 6mths so I decided to join in as well instead of just sitting there watching.

I figure its a good workout but also a great self defence. Im wishing I had of started it years ago.
  • toddbdub
    toddbdub Posts: 2
    Options
    My son started TKD about 6 months ago and I love how it has helped him develop physically, mentally and emotionally. I started almost two weeks and I LOVE it! It's an unbelievable workout. The challenge to have proper technique is so refreshing as it will push us to work hard. I also have the biggest benefit of doing it with my family! I mentioned my son but it really is a family event as my daughters and wife join in the workout occasionally. I've lost several pounds already and I truly look forward to increasing my strength, stamina and flexibility.

This thread was started last year....are you still doing it?
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Good for you, Todd!

I'm taking a hiatus. When I started lifting back in August I hurt my back. Finally have gotten that straightened around and am building up muscle strength before I return to class. But I miss it a great deal. I'm really looking forward to going back.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    My brother is a black belt :) Sorry, I have never done it.