GNC Total Lean shake?

Options
I'm contemplating buying this shake and giving it a try. I'm at a standstill with my weightloss endeavors, and this has great reviews on GNC's website. What do you all think? Have any of you tried it? If so, what were your results? I'm wondering about weightloss, hunger factor, taste, etc.
I'm interested to know what you think! :) Below is the link.
Thanks!

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2174905&cp=3796095.3956723.3956728.4009372

Replies

• jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    My friend on here IrishChik has tried them. She said they are yummy and they kept her full for quite a while. I am going to be trying them soon myself.
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes I have and I still use it!! It does work for me starting off I was too big to walk and workout my feet would hurt bad. So I did the Lean shake and ate healthier lost 20 pounds my first month. And it taste great!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OK, I've never tried that stuff but I used to use HDT ProBlend 55 Really high in proten really low on fat and sugars and really taste good. I site I used to use a lot is bodybuilding .com, so you may save some money even if you want the stuff your asking about.
  • laurenpence
    Options
    I used it for 3 months but I wasn't impressed by it. The calories are low but so is the protein. I would rather have a protein shake that I can make a meal replacement shake and get all that protein that I need for my workouts. I did lose a few pounds but not enough for me to be like "oh wow! I love this stuff" I switched to a different protein shake with fewer calories and a whole lot more protein and I am in love with the taste and the results it has given me.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! High fiber keeps u full!
  • Smyles2u
    Smyles2u Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Love your quote!!!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    My friend on here IrishChik has tried them. She said they are yummy and they kept her full for quite a while. I am going to be trying them soon myself.

I love them. I have tried so many different meal replacement shakes and have always been disappointed. They either taste like crap or in an hour I am starving. Not with these. The Vanilla Bean smells like cake batter. The manager at my gnc says she puts sugar free syrups in hers for more variety. Her latest was orange in the vanilla for a dreamcicle. Sounded yummy. She has lost quite a bit of weight on them. They get really think without a blender, which is a huge plus for me. I did like the Chocolate Swiss but it had sort of a weird aftertaste. I mix them will skim milk instead of water. Next on my list is the cookies n cream and strawberry. My gnc does have single serving packets for $1 to try the vanilla and chocolate. I have started to add a little benefiber to them.
  • IrishChik
    Options
    I used it for 3 months but I wasn't impressed by it. The calories are low but so is the protein. I would rather have a protein shake that I can make a meal replacement shake and get all that protein that I need for my workouts. I did lose a few pounds but not enough for me to be like "oh wow! I love this stuff" I switched to a different protein shake with fewer calories and a whole lot more protein and I am in love with the taste and the results it has given me.

With 9 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber as well as added oat bran I find it to be a good fit for me. I find that many shakes I have tried with too much protein have a really weird taste to them. They also tend to cost a bit more. At least in my area. I spruce it up a bit by adding some benefiber. I also mix with milk, even though the ingredients state it has dry milk and the directions tell you to mix with water. I have not tried it with water but in the past water mix never tasted good.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I recently tried the Cookies and Cream, the Strawberries and Cream and the Chocolate flavors.....they are all GREAT! I mixed them with milk......and they kept me full for a good 3-4 hours!
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i am curious...are these meal replacement..or you have them with your meal so you eat less and feel full longer? thanks
  • IrishChik
    Options
    i am curious...are these meal replacement..or you have them with your meal so you eat less and feel full longer? thanks

GNC Total Lean is a weight loss meal replacement shake.
  • cschapira
    Options
    Lauren, what is the name of the protein shake you switched to?
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    I just started using the GNC Total Lean shakes on Monday. Yesterday was my first real day of using them for breakfast and for lunch. I lost 2.2 pounds in 1 day!! I buy the premixed ones in the bottle becuase I do not want to mess with making the shakes and constantly cleaning the blender. The bottles come in Swiss Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. They are all good. What made me specifically chose this shake is it only has 6 grams of sugar and the pre-mixed bottles do not contain any soy. I have a thyroid problem and cannot have soy. Yesterday I bought the Total Lean Appetrex Control and it works well. So far, I would reccomend this to anyone and I sure hope I continue to have great results!!
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just started using the GNC Total Lean shakes on Monday. Yesterday was my first real day of using them for breakfast and for lunch. I lost 2.2 pounds in 1 day!! I buy the premixed ones in the bottle becuase I do not want to mess with making the shakes and constantly cleaning the blender. The bottles come in Swiss Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. They are all good. What made me specifically chose this shake is it only has 6 grams of sugar and the pre-mixed bottles do not contain any soy. I have a thyroid problem and cannot have soy. Yesterday I bought the Total Lean Appetrex Control and it works well. So far, I would reccomend this to anyone and I sure hope I continue to have great results!!

Swiftgirls2, is your diet deficient in iodine?
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    Not that I am aware of. How would I tell?
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not that I am aware of. How would I tell?

I believe there are a few tests that can be done to determine if you are deficient in iodine. You would have to talk to your Dr. I asked because you mentioned you cannot consume soy because of a thyroid condition. I researched this some time ago and in adults the studies showed that soy had no negative effect on thyroid function in iodine-replete idividuals..But I do believe if you are taking any thyroid medication then soy if consumed at the same time can inhibit absorption of your medication so they must be taken hours apart. Not advising you to consume soy or anything. Just throwing this out there because I think it is a very interesting topic and after reading what you said about soy I was curious to know if your diet happened to be iodine deficient.
  • maogdamian
    maogdamian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I might be missing something, but after looking at the Label, that container has 16 servings or an 8 day supply in it for $30? Thats half my grocery bill per week. Anyone know if I'm misreading something?

If not, are there any cheaper alternatives?
  • rstring
    rstring Posts: 35
    Options
    I recommend Qivana shakes, they leave no aftertaste, have Stevia as a sweetener, and are all natural with high protein. I am currently using them and again recommend them highly!
  • punkin_793
    Options
    This is my 3rd of the total lean kit I got! So far I love it. Going to give it a month and see how it goes! I thought I would love the swiss chocolate and hate the vanilla bean, but I love the vanilla bean, and the swiss chocolate, well, lets just say it is not my favorite!

The only thing is, with the vitamin pack the kit comes with, around 10 min after taking it, I feel like I want to throw up. I sit down, and breath and force myself not to. Is anybody else having this issue with the pack?
  • nbiondo91
    Options
    Do you know if i take appetrex if it will interfere with my thyroid medication. i would ask my doctor but my mom works for my doctor and she is so against that stuff