Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    DUDE MY WHOLE LIFE IS A GYM!
    tumblr_mm6b9wVfQl1rk0z0lo1_250.gif
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Right now I lift 3X a week for about an hour or so per session
    And 30 minute interval cardio on lifting days off.

I like doing cardio on non-lifting days because it helps with any soreness.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    3 days a week, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lift weights 4 days Usually 45-50 min
    Cardio 2-3 days. Two of the days are done after lifting. HIIT day only 8-10 min. Interval Cardio 12-15 min. Optional 3rd day 10-12 min of jump rope.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I try to work out once a day, 5-6 times a week, for at least 35 minutes a day, but if I have to take a day because I'm tired or sore, I do. I feel guilty about it too, but then I remind myself how I pushed thru pain before and got hurt (and then couldn't work out at all for 2 months while I healed). It's a nice reminder to me to rest if I need to.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    every day- 60 minutes of cardio.....
    plus 50- 100 crunches(strength training)
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I did not exercise at all when I was actively losing weight. Now that I'm in maintenance I walk ten miles a week (5 days/2 miles a time), and I also do Mark Lauren's strength training program three days a week/30 minutes a time.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    i just started in march so i'm doing lots of cardio and adding strength training 5 days a week. i do a combo of spin 2x, strength training 2x, zumba 2x and swimming1x I hope to deter the impending doom of plateau as long as i can! lol i feel like the days off on the weekends are good days to take off because i can do chores and we walk then too. but i don't count it on mfp because it's just leisurely stuff.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I usually take 1-2 days off. Here's my current training schedule:

Monday: Long Run - aerobic... about 17km most recently
    Tuesday: Upper body lifting & 30 min cardio DVD
    Wednesday: Interval/Hill day... most recently 3km out & back with 8x100m hill sprints at 90 second intervals
    Thursday: Upper body lifting & 30 min cardio DVD
    Friday: Tempo run @5:30-5:45min/km (~9:00min/mi)... 8-10km
    Saturday: Full body lifting
    Sunday: REST DAY

If I take a second rest day, I'll ditch either the interval/hill run, the tempo run or an upper body lifting day.

Edited to add: Only my long run will go over about 60 minutes. If I lift and do cardio it's a total of an hour.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    For now
    4 x strength training
    1 x bootcamp class
    and if i am bored the rest of the days i do cardio.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 3 times a week
    3 days of 40 minute cardio sessions (usually running or intervals)
    1 rest day
  • ptammyw
    ptammyw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, 90 minutes each, some combo of cardio and weights:

Sun: Run and spin, pull ups
    Mon: Legs and kettlebells
    Tues: rest
    Wed: Biceps and spin
    Thurs: Long run, plus barre class (to stretch)
    Fri: Shoulders, spin, plus barre class (to stretch)
    Sat: Run and chest

Core/Abs are mixed in with the weight lifting (planks, TRX, etc)

I love to exercise for all the endorphins! I used to exercise 7 days a week but got burnt out. Now I know that my body needs to rest sometimes.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Right now:

I walk/jog in the morning for an hour with my husband and our dogs. I do this pretty much 4-5 days out of the week. I typically sleep in and skip it one day of the week and one day of the weekend.

I've started going to the gym for an extra hour Mon, Wed & Fri. I walk/jog for about 30 minutes, then do the elliptical for another 25-30 min.

I do the occasional Turbo Jam dvd, Zumba class, etc... But I think kicking my distance up to 5 miles a day should get me out of my "I'm stuck at my current weight" funk.

Here's hopin! :)

Good luck to you.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I was doing 6-7 but cutting it down to 4-5 now as I think that's something I can realistically keep up. I don't like not doing any exercise in a day though so I make sure that my days off are days where I have to be somewhere so will probably walk for 45-60 minutes. I actually think the weight started to come off more quickly when I gave myself more recovery days.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Just started 4 days a week 90 minutes each day.

60 cardio
    30 strength training

If I don't have my son planning on trying to go sat-sun. When I have him...well keeping up with him is all the exercise I need!!
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. Roughly 110-140 minutes a day... depending on the schedule.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I try and do some sort of physical activity everyday. I've really grown to feel like a day without physical activity is like a day without sunshine. When my body needs rest, I take a rest without feeling guilty because I've earned it. Besides, when the body is screaming for rest and you don't rest, any activity you try and do is really for naught.