Favorite low calorie desserts?

Options
Hello! What are your guys' favorite low-calorie desserts? Baked, fresh, whatever! I have an insatiable sweet tooth that I would love to feed without over-indulging! I know I can have a little of sweet stuff, but I'm wondering if you know anything that I can have more than a little of? LOL

Replies

• walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    For the summer I like frozen fruit with a spoon of koolwhip on it or a 40 calorie fudgecycle. Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and some koolwhip is yummy too.
  • gloribelh
    gloribelh Posts: 1
    Options
    it all depends on the amount you eat, but yougrt ice cream are non fat and very low in cals compare to the regular ice cream, also jello is good, you can find them with only 10 calories. fruits maybe?
  • pigeonman123
    Options
    Try this, for a pie, its easy to make and if you use sugar substitute in place of sugar, and olivio light in place of margarine vegetable oil, and I cut the whipped cream to 1 cup total, and sugar free pudding mix, it gets the calories down to under 180 a piece. I used this with a sugar free chocolate pudding mix, deleated the coconut in it, and 1 cup total whipped cream, shaved 2 dove chocolate pieces on top of the whipped cream, and man was it good. 121 calories in a piece. Heres the link to the recipe. http://www.livebetteramerica.com/recipes/healthified-coconut-cream-pie/1a9e5a6a-4225-411f-b8ce-039e83f20986
  • tarynchatfield
    tarynchatfield Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can find recipes for Mexican tofu pudding which is a little spicy and very chocolatey :D my favorite treat.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do frozen greek yogurt bars - 90 calories, special k pastries - 2 for 100 calories, fiber one brownies and chocolate chip cookies - 90 calories, apples, oranges, dannon light and fit yogurts - 90 calories. So many, many choices.
  • MustangUSN
    MustangUSN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just go with what I like, fitting it in to the calorie intake as stated previously by others. I'm the sort that needs to chew...I could eat a large bowl of chocolate pudding and not feel satisfied; however, 2 Tbsp of Jolly Time Popcorn in a brown bag, popped, nothing added, is 110 calories and lots of pleasure to chew! I also have 4 Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies (150 calories) which gives me the chewy AND the chocolate. My friend, a nutritionist, said that if you eat the things that you will eat in maintenance, you won't be deprived AND you will make the transition more easily when the time comes. One thing I've added which isn't chewy, is Brach's Special Treasures candies, 27 calories each. They are like a Worther's...a hard caramel candy. Just some thoughts.....
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I like making strawberry smothies with almond milk & fat free yogurt. It's only about 100 calories for a huge one!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding (each cup only has 60 calories!), frozen yogurt topped with chocolate chips and berries, strawberries dipped in chocolate, vegan brownies made with black beans, and 'chickpea' cookies.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    PB Cookies- 1 cup PB (I find it's easier to mix if it's the gooey all natural kind but use whatever you like) 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix well and then spoon into tsp size balls and put on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 about 11-12 minutes. Should make about 20 cookies. About 80 cals each according to the recipe calculator on here.

Another favorite late night snack of mine is 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (I use greek but again whatever you like), 1 tsp mint extract and 1 tbsp. of dark chocolate chips.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1 c frozen blueberries w/ a packet or 2 of Truvia and 1/2 c whole milk poured over. Let sit for a couple of minutes and the milk starts to freeze and the berries start to thaw just a little - so good! If you don't like the frozen berries, put it all in a blender and make a blueberry milkshake / smoothie!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My daily sweet treat is as follows:
    1 cup plain greek yogurt
    1 cup frozen berries or cherries (thawed)
    1/2 packet of sugar free pudding mix (usually either white chocolate, cheesecake or chocolate fudge)

Stir together and wolf down. : ) It's about 250 to 300 calories depending on the fruit, but it's got protein and is a LOT of dessert.
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    One square of good quality dark chocolate. Around 50 calories. It works for me!
  • kiyama3
    kiyama3 Posts: 3
    Options
    i have been trying out a lot of desserts because i too have a serious sweet tooth. and sometimes fruits just wont cut it. i have tried some from these websites and my favorite include banana ice cream, raw fudge brownie, and oatmeal cookies.

skinnytaste.com
    hungryhealthyhappy.com
    mywholefoodlife.com

:wink:
  • kmjames2001
    Options
    Marshmallow Fluff!!! 40 cal for 2 tblspoons!! You can eat a bit & not ruin everything. Very sweet & satisfying.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Look up a recipe on the internets for an Aussie or NZ dessert called Pavlova. Made with egg whites, cream, and fresh fruits it's heavenly. Depending on your sweeteners I'm sure it can be adjusted down in calories. I am American, but I love me some Pav.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    trader joe's lime floe 70 calories. Also have strawberry and coconut--a few more cals in those but I like lime the best.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Jello - 5 calories
  • xtrasmall
    xtrasmall Posts: 66
    Options
    umm does oatmeal count haha.. i really like the bakery on main chia brand n have yet to try better oats brand like oatfit cinnamon roll flavor 4 only 90 calories per packet n like 19g carbs. also i love donut peaches like 60cals n yellow nectarines n apricots n its finally stonefruit season right now so ya. also yay 4 mini seedless watermelon.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    something i recently discovered:
    1 lil' debbie pecan round (100 cals)
    1 cup of mixed fruit in the pre-packaged lil' small bowls (80 cals)
    YUM-MEE!