MFP makes it so all I think about all day is eating

Options

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    That passes. I dont put any food in my mouth without checking my MFP first. I've been logging again for 40 days in a row. I watch what I eat still and make sure I hit my macros. I don't feel right if I don't log something.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    If you're struggling to stick with your goals, increase your target i.e. decrease your rate-of-weight-loss goal to 1/2 a pound per week. Once you're comfy with that intake (which will feel like a lot) you can reduce it to lose faster. But I find the infatuation is more when the restriction is higher.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've found that if i can sit down the night before or even in the morning and get the bones of my food plan into mfp for the day it helps. Yes, i often tweek it a bit here & there, but overall, i know what I'm going to be eating for each meal so all the over thinking is done. I do allow some "free" calories for the end of the day in case I get the munchies or go out with friends unexpectedly, so i can have a drink or a treat.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for over 500 days and I am the same way. All I think about 24/7 is what I'll eat next. Trying to not focus on it soooo much, but it's hard.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    MFP has had the opposite effect on me. Of course I'm extremely competitive - so if I log on, saw everyone eating healthy and exercising, I feel compelled to do same. Also, the encouragement and friendship I have found on this site is priceless. I hope you find a happy medium with your weight loss and the use of MFP.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    After a few days I found it liberating to understand some of things I was doing that sabotaged my diet. Now it just feels like the tool that it is to help me stay on track with my chosen calorie count. It does get better.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    meh...i use mfp to calculate everything i plan to eat in an entire day...then i DON"T have to think about it. :)
  • sherrylynn56
    Options
    I have found that if I really need a snack between lunch and dinner I make a smoothie with 1/2 skim milk 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt about 1/2 cup fresh fruit like strawberries blue berries, or even frozen fruit, and 1 or 2 scoops of protein mix, and some ice to make it thick. That is a real big drink and it will last you and if you start doing something you seem to get some energy and want to do more. Then you feel better. And that kind of drink is about 250 to 300 cals. I may sound like a lot but they are not real bad cals. You get energy from them and it really fills you up so you don't want to eat all day or afternoon. I am one who will eat if I get bored and this smoothie seems to help me not want more.
    I am one who has a hard time sticking to things if they don't work like right now. But I am doing a little better this time. But I do have a treadmill at home so now I can get my butt into gear and walk on it for 1/2 mile and listen to a book I have on my kindle. And that helps me a lot . Because I also get bored and want to stop if I don't have something for me to do while walking. I think there are more people than not that have that problem. O not having something to keep their mind off food. Like the old saying go If I can do You sure can do it. Hope I didn't go on too much which I do often.
  • sherrylynn56
    Options
    And you all can see how heavy I am with my youngest son at his College Grad. last summer. And yes he has to wear the sun glasses. Due to his eyes being damaged in the Army 10 years ago.
  • foxyv069
    foxyv069 Posts: 23
    Options
    It does also make me think about eating, but for me its a good thing. I used to eat without even thinking! lol now i am AWARE of when i eat and what im eating. It will get better. keep up with your logging of your food! it heps SO MUCH!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm sick of food, counting calories, blah blah blah. Some days I just don't & those are the weeks I usually get good results on the scale. Go figure!
  • sherrylynn56
    Options
    I also like to record everything I eat because it lets me know if I have eaten too much or not enough. I can handle the not enough. And the too much makes me stop and think twice before eating too much.: :happy:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    It will subside.
    Once you get used to logging cals it will become second nature.
    You will be able to do the math in your dome.
    If you pay attention to the cals and carbs fat, etc in each food its becomes easier
    Once you get used to a feeding schedule, it all gets easier.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Are you sure it's MFP? I found that I thought about food all day when I tried thought eating 6 smaller meals was beneficial. When I switched to eating 3 meals a day (lunch, dinner, bedtime) and just ate bigger meals, I thought about food a lot less.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm sick of food, counting calories, blah blah blah. Some days I just don't & those are the weeks I usually get good results on the scale. Go figure!

I have the same issue....one day I over eat and the next day I lose more weight. :huh:

Or I plan and extra hard workout so I can have something bad.........I know I shouldn't, but I do :tongue:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Much better to just get fat!
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I feel like as you go the tracking gets easier. I tend to spend some time the day before planning the next day. When it comes to mealtime, I just check my phone to make sure I'm eating everything I planned and the quantities and adjust for any minor changes. Between meals I tend to not focus on what I'm eating.
  • TRMite
    TRMite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    it has made me obsessive about wanting ALL THE CANDY but really it was because my cal alottment was too low too. keeep logging but perhaps evaluate if you can eat more and still lose byupping exercise etc .
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yeah I was like you guys..But when I decided to start living and not obsessing I became FREE...No Weighing no magical diets no superfoods no calorie counting no pills powders supplements nada...just loving food exercise and being alive
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's MFP? I found that I thought about food all day when I tried thought eating 6 smaller meals was beneficial. When I switched to eating 3 meals a day (lunch, dinner, bedtime) and just ate bigger meals, I thought about food a lot less.