Need unbiased recommendations for a great workout DVD series

2»

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Can you really ask for "unbiased recommendations?"
    Anyway, my biased recommendation would be DDP Yoga. It's done wonders for me, so I know that it works. It's also approachable from pretty much any beginning fitness level.
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Do you think p90 is too hard on shoulders/knees?

I don't have knee/shoulder problems, but my boyfriend has a leg issue and he did it just fine. I didn't complete the program as summer started and I got lazy. I still think its a nice ease into it kind of program.

This time around though I know better and switch up my workouts, long programs isnt for me. I'm still progressing with youtube videos and one dvd session every now and again when I feel like it.

So, just my two cents if you into structure then by all means go for a 30-90 day program.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    I second Cathe Fredrichs low impact series or xtrain series, you need weights for the xtrain series. It's hard to get bored when she has so many different options on each dvd. She has what are called premixes and that gives you different versions of the actual workout.
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    I love Hip Hop Abs with Shaun T. he is SOOO funny and the workout flies by. he has other dvd workouts as well.

I agree 100% I loved the series and Rock and Body is Good to even more of a total body work out...and if the idea of "Hip Hop" scares you it may be better for you. =-)
  • EricPogamat
    EricPogamat Posts: 7 Member
    Here is a list of the top 10 workout dvds in 2013. Not my list but I liked it so I thought I would pass it along. Also, if your knees hurt while working out, trying Pogamat. It twice as thick as a standard yoga mat.