How many squats to get thin thighs?

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    @idontknow

I know you cant target weight loss but im saying how many squats can I do to help improve my thighs.
    I just want a honest number people please

Squat with a barbell on your back and eat at a calorie deficit.

I do 5 sets of 5... here are my thighs...i am up to 115 pounds for squats, and 135 for deadlifts.

33110506_9491.jpg
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Edited so I don't sound mean to the person who posted the pic of the woman with very fit thighs-just because he was rude doesn't mean I should be.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can't target one area for fat loss. Aim to eat healthy and exercise for a healthy overall body, including your thighs.

She isn't talking about fat loss, but making her thighs smaller. Pay attention!!

OP: You also have to reduce carbs. Carbs make you bloat.

This is a good point, lots of people know about wheat belly but wheat legs are just as bad.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    just start running
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    no thats not true. Your saying that ALL those people in the world who have lost weight and have thin thighs and never did any squats or exercise? And Im talking about just average thin thighs. Not super model thighs. And one more thing.
    If your NOT going to give me a good answer then please dont answer at all okay?
    A deficit that creates fat loss will reduce the fat over your thighs, eventually, but doing squats will do nothing to make your legs thinner, and actually might even make them bigger if your doing them right.
  • fitnessprincess16
    Options
    Is NO ONE reading the question?
    okay so lets say I run/job 5 miles
    then I do some jumping jacks and some push ups etc. Now time for the squats...here is what im asking.
    Can someone give me A NUMBER that is good for the legs and that will make them thinner.
    THATS ALL IM ASKING
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The trolls around here tonight, man, don't ya'll have bridges to be huddling under?

Squats will help you slim your thighs, but not alone, you need to add other things like cardio, lifting and other thigh exercises besides squats. If you're ONLY going to do squats, add weights, not squats alone. I'm on a 30 day squat challenge now and have done over 600 squats so far this month, but I can almost guarantee it wont affect them too much, it's just for me to say hell, I did it, yay,
  • mcopel
    mcopel Posts: 1
    Options
    Forget squats. Take ballet class--every day. You will develop long, lean, shapely thighs.:smile:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Sorry to inform you but squats don't give you thin thighs.......no exercise does. Muscle atrophy from starving will do that, but it takes a long time and well, your starving. :happy:

You are just jealous!
    Please explain how squats produce thin thighs.

High reps, especially when eating at a deficit, cause your body to enter a catabolic state where it uses muscle in addition to fat as fuel. By repeatedly doing both, your LBM decreases, thus shrinking your thighs. It also helps burn the triglyceride that occurs naturally within your muscles, shrinking them further.
  • whierd
    Options
    You can't target one area for fat loss. Aim to eat healthy and exercise for a healthy overall body, including your thighs.

She isn't talking about fat loss, but making her thighs smaller. Pay attention!!

This is a good point, lots of people know about wheat belly but wheat legs are just as bad.

Yes they are. Thighs like loaves of bread! Omg!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?

No silly, it's MFP. It's about the farthest thing from real life you can get.
  • idontknowkinda
    Options
    http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

do that or something. you realize that everyone has different bodies and different fitness levels, right?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Is NO ONE reading the question?
    okay so lets say I run/job 5 miles
    then I do some jumping jacks and some push ups etc. Now time for the squats...here is what im asking.
    Can someone give me A NUMBER that is good for the legs and that will make them thinner.
    THATS ALL IM ASKING

I gave you a serious answer and so did a couple other people. Just ignore the rest.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP squats do not slim your thighs. Weighted squats will maintain the muscle you already have while you lose weight so that you end up with a lower body fat % (and therefore more attractive thighs) that what you started with. For the weight loss part you just need a calorie deficit.
  • whierd
    Options
    Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

Yes they are. Thighs like loaves of bread! Omg!

Looking for baguette thighs vs. sourdough loaf?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Squats have helped my thighs grow from 17" to 18.75"
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Sorry to inform you but squats don't give you thin thighs.......no exercise does. Muscle atrophy from starving will do that, but it takes a long time and well, your starving. :happy:

You are just jealous!
    Please explain how squats produce thin thighs.

High reps, especially when eating at a deficit, cause your body to enter a catabolic state where it uses muscle in addition to fat as fuel. By repeatedly doing both, your LBM decreases, thus shrinking your thighs. It also helps burn the triglyceride that occurs naturally within your muscles, shrinking them further.
    lol. No.