How many squats to get thin thighs?

Options

Replies

• totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Body weight squats are the best... or kettle bell squats with clean and presses would be even better
  • fitnessprincess16
    Options
    Fine forget the dang squats!!!! JUST TELL ME WHAT EXERCISES DO YOU RECOMMEND BESIDES RUNNING THAT TONES THE THIGHS?
  • idontknowkinda
    Options
    have you considered squats? they are pretty good for your legs.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Sorry to inform you but squats don't give you thin thighs.......no exercise does. Muscle atrophy from starving will do that, but it takes a long time and well, your starving. :happy:

What. Thin thighs don't come from starving Bro.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Sorry to inform you but squats don't give you thin thighs.......no exercise does. Muscle atrophy from starving will do that, but it takes a long time and well, your starving. :happy:

You are just jealous!
    Please explain how squats produce thin thighs.

High reps, especially when eating at a deficit, cause your body to enter a catabolic state where it uses muscle in addition to fat as fuel. By repeatedly doing both, your LBM decreases, thus shrinking your thighs. It also helps burn the triglyceride that occurs naturally within your muscles, shrinking them further.
    lol. No.

Jealous.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    It's called a deficit.:smile:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no thats not true. Your saying that ALL those people in the world who have lost weight and have thin thighs and never did any squats or exercise? And Im talking about just average thin thighs. Not super model thighs. And one more thing.
    If your NOT going to give me a good answer then please dont answer at all okay?
    A deficit that creates fat loss will reduce the fat over your thighs, eventually, but doing squats will do nothing to make your legs thinner, and actually might even make them bigger if your doing them right.

not if you are in a calorie deficit...you dont build muscle in a deficit.

i am doing them very right and my legs appear more slim.
  • whierd
    Options
    Fine forget the dang squats!!!! JUST TELL ME WHAT EXERCISES DO YOU RECOMMEND BESIDES RUNNING THAT TONES THE THIGHS?

Skull smashing.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Taking cycle classes always help my thighs look sexy!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

hahaha The Thigh Master.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    have you considered squats? they are pretty good for your legs.

:laugh:

OP go back up and read my response. I did answer your question.

Consider a lifting program if you want to do squats. Doing tons of body weight squats is not going to be anywhere near as effective as barbell squats.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

did you even read my post?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

You are just jealous!

High reps, especially when eating at a deficit, cause your body to enter a catabolic state where it uses muscle in addition to fat as fuel. By repeatedly doing both, your LBM decreases, thus shrinking your thighs. It also helps burn the triglyceride that occurs naturally within your muscles, shrinking them further.

Silly Whierd, hot yoga gives you thin thighs.

Okay OP, I'll play nice: what's the issue with your thighs? Are your thighs muscly or do you have some fat on them? If it's muscle, thank your stars that you have them and enjoy being strong, if it's fat, just eating at a deficit will help.
  • whierd
    Options
    no thats not true. Your saying that ALL those people in the world who have lost weight and have thin thighs and never did any squats or exercise? And Im talking about just average thin thighs. Not super model thighs. And one more thing.
    If your NOT going to give me a good answer then please dont answer at all okay?
    A deficit that creates fat loss will reduce the fat over your thighs, eventually, but doing squats will do nothing to make your legs thinner, and actually might even make them bigger if your doing them right.

not if you are in a calorie deficit...you dont build muscle in a deficit.

i am doing them very right and my legs appear more slim.

Mmm...earmuffs? :happy:
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your question: "Can someone give me A NUMBER that is good for the legs and that will make them thinner. THATS ALL IM ASKING"

Answer: No. We can't. You can do a gazillion squats every single day and it may never make your legs thinner, because squats don't make your legs thinner, they build muscle, which makes nothing thinner. Models who have super skinny legs that don't touch probably don't have a lot of muscle tone there either (although obviously, it depends on the model, but most that I've seen don't).

I believe that was said earlier, and whining that people aren't answering your question isn't going to magically make there be a different answer. People aren't giving you a number because there is no number that you can do that will achieve the results that you profess to desire.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options

just do like 3 sets to failure with bodyweight. so if you can only get 50 the first set, just do that. rest a minute and go again, say this time you only get 33, rest a minute. just go til you can't get em. that'll tone em
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

You are just jealous!

Omg!!! Why did no one ever tell me to decrease my lean body mass before????? I thought I was destined to endure a life of big thighs! Thank you for your amazing wisdom<3.
  • fitnessprincess16
    Options
    @crankster..you have thin thighs,
    what exercises do you do?
  • whierd
    Options
    Let this be a lesson...forums are for *kitten* that like making people feel stupid...not for help.

Also for the self-righteous who have no sense of humor.

You are a Lawful Good character.
  • whierd
    Options
    Is this real life?

or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide