Ab Workout's That Leave You Sore?

Options
Looking for some ab workouts that will leave you sore the next morning from all the hard work. What's the best ab exercises or programs that you know of? One more thing, how DO you actually get abs? Lots of crunches??

Replies

• h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hanging leg raises.

Abs are made in the kitchen (i.e diet / low body fat %), crunches do nothing but damage your spinal discs
  • bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ab ripper X. I'm so sore after that. Jillian Michaels said once said that you don't get abs by doing a 100 crunches. Like what h9dlb said, they're made in the kitchen. What you need to focus on is the core. Plank strengthens your core. =)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    soreness or lack thereof is not a reliable indicator of an effective workout. i'd stop looking for soreness and ultra hard ab workouts and focus on losing more bodyfat if i were you. visible abs are a result of low bodyfat more than anything else.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    soreness or lack thereof is not a reliable indicator of an effective workout. i'd stop looking for soreness and ultra hard ab workouts and focus on losing more bodyfat if i were you. visible abs are a result of low bodyfat more than anything else.

^this.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

^this.

Completely agree.

To see the abs, you MUST lose the body fat, and that is done through a calorie deficit as opposed to any exercise.

To strengthen those abs, I don't recommend targetted exercises anyway. Sure, they are OK...but I think that compound lifts like barbell squats and deadlifts are actually better. If you can squat 1.5 times your weight or more with good form, then your core muscles are stronger than crunches will ever have made them.