what do you guys think of metabolism "reset"

Options
13»

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    this thread is like 2 months old. i just wan't to say (since i'm the OP) that within 2 more months, i have lost another 8lbs by taking my calories from 1750 to 1550.
    my calories were too high for my lifestyle. with lowering it to 1550 i have consistently lost since making this thread.

Thx for filling in the rest of the story.

There are so many metabolism reset threads out there and what I really want to know is how did it work out in the end.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to think of metabolism reset. I think that it can help if you have been dieting for a long time and have been losing weight but suddenly stop losing weight. However, if you just started trying to lose weight and are not losing weight it is more than likely that you are eating too much. Also, before you up calories you should be sure that it's not simply that you have not taken into account that you have a lower TDEE due to being smaller.

If all that checks out, I'd say go ahead and eat at maintenance for a couple weeks and then get back at it.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    How about a regular meal pattern's effects on one's metabolism?

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/81/1/16.long
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! i don't even know how this thread was bumped again haha.
    i will say that maybe one or two days on the weekend, i eat at maintenance (2000 calories) and i still have consistently lost a lb a week. i think it helps with my body not getting used to routine, and it also helps keep me sane.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    an 8 week metabolism reset (eating tdee for 8 weeks) in combination with stronglifts saved my life :heart:

Now I eat at deficit of my tdee, still lift, with a little caridio ...seeing results :laugh:
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This has been my fat loss strategy:

Eat slightly below your maintenance. When weight loss stalls, have a high carb "refeed" day and jump right back in. If this doesn't help, then decrease calorie goal by a hundred or two.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Sounds reasonable. Just for clarification, how much do you mean by "slightly below" maintenance? 100-200 calories? 10%?