Starting P90x...

Options
I am starting P90X tonight, and am wondering if there are any tips/suggestions anyone has for me?... I would love some advice! Thanks! Excited to start it! :)

Carolyn

Replies

• LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Just do the best you can, stick to the nutrition guide, and go for it. Find the P90X starting a new thread part 19 chat group. It is an awesome experienced bunch! Welcome to the group, I'll see you there!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    remember, when you are done you are done - the amount of exercise they are going to put you through tonight is INTENSE. Use a chair with the pullups, instead of the bands...u will be able to do pullups later without the chair. I could do like 1-3 before my first round, now I do 40 before i pull out my chair.

its ok to hit pause or to finish before they do - when you are done you are done - can't repeat that part enough! listen to what your muscles tell you.
  • Sandrea03
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week of my 2nd round of p90x...I love it!!! Just do as much as you can (I guarantee it won't be as much as the people on the dvd's!) but who cares! And just press play everyday! The 1st 3 weeks are the hardest, and then you hit your first recovery week. and yay is that a great feeling!!! By the 5th week I was addicted and really looked forward to my workout everyday. Now on my second round I have my husband, my best friend, my neighbors, my brother, and 2 other friends doing it.

I like using a pull up bar with a band attached to it to do the pull ups. I personally feel like I am getting a better work out for my back and arms and not relying on my legs too much to pull myself up.

I just had a baby 5 months ago (my second) and p90x has been the perfect thing for my to do at home. In the 16 weeks I've been doing it, I've lost 34 pounds (16 of that pregnancy weight) and gone down 2 sizes...so I can tell you it works!!!!!

Please let me know if you have any questions or just need some support from a fellow p90x'er!
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 5 of my first round of p90x and im LOVING it! i think one thing to remember is that you dont have to do everything they do! modify!! im a big girl so i cant do everything just like them.......in the ab ripper x there are moves im just dreaming of one day doing. but while i cant handle it right now i just do some crunches in the mean time! or when they are doing 25 reps of something i set a goal and i stick to it! just keep on trucking........im sore today but hey..thats a GREAT feeling!