NSF'nV!

Options
I love roller coasters. From the time I was a young boy I have loved them. I've ridden most of the great ones in North America, and it's always awesome. In either 1998 or 1999, I rode a roller coaster, one of the few I could still get on due to my increasing girth, and was dizzy and light headed. After that I took a break from riding, and when I went back to trying I couldn't fit. I couldn't sit in any roller coaster ever. However, today something happened that was DIFFERENT! We are in San Antonio, TX, with our high school choir (they ALL received 1st division ratings btw (junior varsity women, varsity women, varsity men & varsity mixed...good day!!!)) and afterwards we stopped by Sea World. There was a roller coaster that my wife, her sister, and my niece wanted to ride, and I decided to join them to see if I could squeeze in. This took a lot for me as I've taken the "Walk of Shame" many times where I've tried to fit in the seat, couldn't (and/or couldn't get the restraint to fit or go down), and had to walk off and down the stairs in full-view of everyone watching. But when my turn came I sat in the seat, snugly yes, but I sat down in it, fastened the safety belt (so amazing that this occurred), and when the restraint bars came down mine actually clicked into a locking position. I WAS GOING TO RIDE THAT COASTER!!! Now, as I stated earlier, it was a snug fit. But, it didn't matter, I rode that coaster and I even laughed at gravity by forcing my arms up in the air on all of the ascending sections of the ride! It was a great time and I couldn't wait to post it.

Have a great weekend MFP folks!

Replies

• connorsludge
    connorsludge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Good for you you owned it! What a fun NSV
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That's a NSV I'd love to have soon. I hate the walk of shame. Haven't even tried in a couple years. AWESOME man!
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh that must've been wicked! Well done!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I love this! Congrats!!
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What a fun NSV!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's a great story! There will be many more coaster rides in your future :bigsmile:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Awesome :) Congratulations!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    That is such an awesome NSV. Until someone has had to take that walk (I've had to a couple of times.) they just don't understand. No matter how much self esteem somebody has, that's just embarrassing as hell. But it makes it all the more awesome when you finally get to that point where you lose, and then try again. I remember the first time that happened to me, I thought I was gonna have a panic attack during that second before they lowered the bar. Not knowing if it was gonna click, or if I'd have to climb out and walk away with my head held low while everybody else was watching...and then, "click". I think that for me, that click was better than the roller coaster. Good on ya, and keep kicking *kitten*!

tumblr_mmfxzkPSg01rubjweo1_500.gif
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    Nobody understands these things we have to go through or even think about...that's why I love MFP: meeting other people who go through the same struggles... So excited for you! HURRAY! :)
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    This is why I love MFP...nobody understands these things we have to go through or even think about. So excited for you! HURRAY! :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I've done that walk of shame too, that's one of my NSV goals as well. Awesome story, and now your next NSV can be for it not even to be snug. ;)
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is pretty awesome! I love both the big coasters at Sea World in SA, but haven't been there in awhile.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSF'n V!!!!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think that the joy you were probably feeling in that moment has come through wonderfully in your post! That...is awesome! :flowerforyou:

When I went to Universal Studies, FL, this past January, I was terrified of having to do the walk of shame. On those rides where the seats might be tight, they now have a couple of seats before the line to test it out. While waiting for my father before one ride (The Hulk--incredible coaster!) I pretended that I was just taking a break, but really was making sure that I'd fit. I did, but felt awful that I had to even check. Not anymore!

Here's to many more roller coasters in your future! :drinker:
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you!!!

This gave me chills to read. Thanks for sharing.

WAY TO GO!
  • DebraLosesIt
    DebraLosesIt Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    this made me tear up! that is so wonderful!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! It feels so good to get back those things in life that we lost because of our weight.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I've done the walk of shame once too often, can't wait until I can hear that CLICK! :) Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!