Chicken......Again????

Options

Replies

• joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love my crockpot and chicken does well in it. I will put chicken breast in the crockpot with bbq sauce and when I get home shredd it in the sauce. I also make chicken chili the same way but follow the McCormick spice packet. Oh and I also make shredded chicken tacos with either taco seasoning and a little water or salsa for more of a chunkiness.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    An easy one I like is take bone in thighs and or leg quarters sprinkle season salt and garlic salt blend and bake covered 350 for 2 hours and remove cover for another hour....so tender it falls apart when you get it out of the pan!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    look up some slow cooker recipes you can do a lot with it
    i don't eat chicken but i make it for my boyfriend. in stir fry, fajitas, with pasta. he likes it cooked in olive oil with garlic and oregano sprinkled on as well. chicken breaded on a kaiser roll with swiss cheese and italian dressing
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great thread thanks! Adding this to my favourites list to check out later.
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    We boil water put the chicken in it for about 15 mins. Take it out and cut it but not all the way through. we then put Turkey bacon and cheese in the slit and seal it back with tooth picks and bake it at 400 for 20-25 mins. It very tender and juicy. One of our favorite meals
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I think I will start looking like a chicken soon with the amount I eat :laugh:
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    cacchiatore!

2 bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
    1 medium onion, sliced into thin strips
    2-5 cloves garlic, minced (depends on how much you like garlic!)
    6lbs chicken (i use leg quarters or thighs, after removing the skin!)
    *4 - 6 medium tomatoes, diced
    basil, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper (to taste)

in a crock pot, spread out the peppers and onions on the bottom of the crock. place the chicken and garlic on top. mix tomatoes and seasoning and pour over chicken. low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. serve over rice, spaghetti, or low-carb substitutes! enjoy!

* you can use cans of crushed tomatoes to save time and mess...just reduce the salt you add in. :)

edit: this recipe is a great base to work with. awesome add-ins could be: pepperoni, black olives, grilled aubergine, Italian sausage, mozzarella, spinach, pepperoncinis, capers...so many flavor options!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I made the chicken bombs form the recipe some one posted. But cut the cream cheese to 3 oz and added 1 oz of non fat yogurt. used bacon bits instead of bacon, added onion and diced up jalepenos. MMMMM ! about 250 cal / serving.
  • cagefan
    cagefan Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bragg's dressing and marinades - find at walmart or meijers they are organic and delish !!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My easy, quick chicken recipe is to season chicken well with salt and a generous amount of lemon pepper and sautee it in lemon olive oil. It is flavorful, but not overpowering and you can use it in salads and other dishes all week.

Plain chicken breast is also great topped with some regular or artichoke tapenade.

Thanks for all the great recipes on this thread!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Go boneless chick Breast and then shred it !!! Serve to taste!:wink:

I like to do this by thin slicing it while frozen... then when you're cooking it it will fall apart like pulled pork... add teriyaki sauce or gravy or whatever you like :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I just bake it with a variety of marinades or just olive oil with Italian seasoning sprinkled on. You could use pesto sauce too, which is nice.

Or, slice up the breast into chunks while frozen and then pan fry them with some Italian seasonings and mushrooms. Toss with steamed, chopped asparagus and shredded cheese. YUM!
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump i love chicken! :)
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Umm.. why so much chicken? What about fish, prawns, crabs, lobster, yabbies, oysters, mussels, calamari, octopus, cuttlefish, sea urchin, eel, pork, wild boar, beef, lamb, veal,croc, alligator, elk, emu, ostrich, turkey, llama, kangaroo, buffalo, frogs, snails, etc etc.. then there are all the vegetarian versions. I'd go nuts eating the same meat all the time.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that you didn't post this thread then. Since the OP is interested in chicken, THAT'S why so much chicken. why comment on a chicken thread if you aren't interested in chicken? I just don't get it.

OP, I have a pretty simple, quick recipe for you. It's basically a chicken quesadilla scramble, just the insides of a quesadilla without the added calories of a tortilla. :)

1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
    Frozen or fresh peppers and onions, as much or as little as you prefer
    Garlic salt, cumin and chili powder to taste

Toss the chicken in a pan on the stove, lightly oiled. Add your seasonings to taste. Let it cook through.
    Add the peppers and onions and let them cook until tender. IF YOU USE FROZEN, note that you'll want to drain your pan before serving as they will create quite a bit of excess moisture that you don't want to serve on your plate.
    Drain your pan if necessary and toss your mixture onto a plate.

I like to top mine with 2 tbsp of mild salsa and 1/4 cup of finely shredded mexican cheese. Absolutely delicious. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that it's extremely versatile and you can add or take away anything that you like. I gave this recipe to one person who said she added sauteed mushrooms to it and she loved it that way. This takes less than 10 minutes to throw together and is very filling. The portions above are for ONE person.

ETA: Approx 450 calories per serving depending on how many veggies you use. :) Sounds like a lot but you will be full for quite some time after eating this.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • emsgrace546
    Options
    bump!! these are all great suggestions; they sound delicious!