The changes start NOW!

Options
Lauren0427
Lauren0427 Posts: 16 Member
Decided today is the day to start making some major changes in my lifestyle. I'm within 10lbs of my highest weight ever, and I feel.... gross and totally unhealthy. I can't keep on this way, something has got to give! So starting in the morning, I'm logging every little thing that goes into my body, and putting on the sneakers and going for a walk. I want to lose 100lbs or so. I'm 5'5 and the scale read 260.1 tonight. 277 was my highest weight ever, but I was also about to pop with baby #1. While I have always been "heavy" I have never felt as awful as I do now. My joints hurt, I'm constantly out of breath, I can hardly walk first thing in the mornings.... It's really sad. I should NOT feel like this at the young age of 25. I would love to meet people with similar weight loss goals, and help each other along the way! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    it all starts with that first step, and the best time to start is now! You can do this :)
    I don't quite have as much to lose as you do but I do need to get my BMI from obese (I'm only 5'3) back down to the healthily range. I will add you
  • tnsumner
    tnsumner Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6in, 26 years old, and at my largest I was 228 pounds. I am now 165 pounds. It has taken about a year. I still have about 10 pounds to lose to be at my goal weight. You can totally do this!!! Take it one day at a time and one meal/workout at a time. I've got your back!!!!!
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am also starting over today. I am 5'5 and weigh in at 273. And need all the support I can get. We can do this!!
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    I'm 40 my heaviest was 6 yrs ago 235. Last may I managed to get to 172 and was so happy then life got in my way and I'm back to 195... I know it's a struggle and I know the journey is long, I've stopped and started so many times but I'm here for the long haul this time, no more putting it off for tomorrow. Anyone feel free to add me. More support the better I say I have 50ish to lose
    Oh and I'm 5.5 also =]
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lauren, I feel for you and would love to pop in and look at your food diary now and again. Feel free to add me as a friend so you can see the foods I eat. Diet is 95% of what's going on. The walking idea is great. Whatever you do, don't quit. You'll feel like not getting up in the morning, but do it anyway because you "will" feel better once you're out on the street. "You" can "do" this!