lots of fruit & veg gives me mouth ulcers HELP

Options
Any ideas as this is getting really painful. Thanks.

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth after you eat. thats what i have to do if i drink orange juice, because i will get ulcers in my mouth from anything citric
  • irishpagan
    Options
    I agree, or rinse with some mouthwash. The same thing happens to me. Especially with oranges and tomatoes.
    Try not to eat as much acidic foods, or at least not so much at one time. I seem to have less ulcers when I space them out.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    maybe try using a fruit and vegetable spray cleaner rather than just washing it. Certain fruits do it to me and once I started using the fruit and vegetable cleaner it doesnt happen.
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I get canker sores ALL THE TIME.. It sucks.. I do notice with the more acidic food is when I get them. Are you sure its the fruits and veggies that are causing them. ??

I know that when I start to get a few in my mouth, that its time to change my toothbrush. I get a new toothbrush about every month. I was told that mouthwash doesn't help, and can make them worse? It can also depend on the type of toothpaste you use to. I cannot use the one with the breath strips in them, because I will notice a canker sore coming on right away...

Just some thoughts!
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The acid level of the fruit should not matter....most citrus which we think of being acidic actually have an alkalizing effect once it interacts with the body.

YOUR FRUIT IS NOT RIPE! Unripe fruit has not entered the perfect balance that our body's want, need, and can use. Citrus fruit sucks for this because they are always picked under ripe so that they will survivie the shipment across the world. Tomatoes are also picked too early. Some fruit will continue to ripen or develop the sugar content after picking like mangoes, bananas, avocado...however citrus & tomatoes don't they just start to deteriorate. Learn to pick out the freshest ripest fruit & also learn which fruit will ripen up more & don't eat them until they are ripe.