Low Fat, Low Cal Granola Recipe?

Options
Angowen
Angowen Posts: 22
I am very interested in making my own granola, does anyone have a good tasting low fat, low cal recipe? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I see a few on the Message Boards - Recipes - Search for granola recipe
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Definitely check the recipe area...that'll be abig help there.
    Rather than granola that has a sticky something (like honey or sugar) to clump it all together, you could mix up a decent little trail mix. Throw some raisins, dried cranberries, almonds, sunflower seeds and a sprinkle of chocolate chips (dark if you can find them) and you've got yourself an antioxidant packed snack that can be bagged into single serving size baggies and ready to go anytime! Play with the mix...if you like peanuts, use them, if you like peanut butter chips, use those. Pretzels? No problem! Bet you can make up a perfect mix in no time!:wink:
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Keep in mind most granola is pretty high in cals, but as long as you stick to good things, and not actual chocolate or something, it's good cals and fat.

1 cup cocoa-dusted almonds
    1 cup dry roasted almonds
    1 cup pitted dried dates, chopped
    1 cup raisins
    1 cup prunes, chopped
    1 cup dried apricots, chopped

4 servings
    cals: 229
    fat: .5
  • Angowen
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies! I love all the hints!
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I use "Megan's Granola" on Allrecipes.com...I cut a few ingredients in half: nuts, sunflower seeds, oil, brown sugar and maple syrup. Nuts are a healthy source of fat but I'd rather not eat them all with my granola. You can also leave out the sunflower seeds, brown sugar and coconut out.
    This is what I have for breakfast....half and half with bran flakes.
  • Angowen
    Options
    Thanks, Chris!