OT- What do you collect?

Options
I'm (obviously) bored at work and just curious to see if anyone collects anything?

I collect Starbucks City Mugs. I buy a mug each time I visit a new city. I have about 20 of them right now and I've run out of room to store them.

I also collect sunglasses (about 15 pairs which is kinda funny because I only use them for about 3 months out of the year here) and handbags (about 30 and I'm running out of room to store those too)

Anyone else have any collections?

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm (obviously) bored at work and just curious to see if anyone collects anything?

I collect Starbucks City Mugs. I buy a mug each time I visit a new city. I have about 20 of them right now and I've run out of room to store them.

I also collect sunglasses (about 15 pairs which is kinda funny because I only use them for about 3 months out of the year here) and handbags (about 30 and I'm running out of room to store those too)

Anyone else have any collections?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    We collect shot glasses from places we go. Haven't added any in a long time. :grumble:

I also (shocker) try to hit local wineries whenever we travel & will get wine to add to my cellar. :love:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Watch's. I have some weird fetish to watch's.

Fridge magnets. From around the U.S. OF A. Haven't left the country in a long time.

Angel's.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Looking at my purse and wallet you'd swear I collected reciepts!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    world fair spoons. Ok, not really

I have a strange collection of T-shirts though (especially college logo tees.)
    weird, huh?

Oh...and pajamas too. I :heart: me jammies!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I collect herbs and spices... *tee hee*
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I collect salt & pepper shaker. I never knew how many different and unique ones there are. I love going to Flea Markets & Yard Sales that's where I find the best ones.:smile:
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good Morning~~

I collect Angels that have a very special meaning or that have caught my eye. I also have a teddy bear collection or teddybear angels.. :)
    In the past year or so I have been collecting mugs that have really bizarre sayings, that make me laugh out loud in store..I have to buy them!!
    I just got a new one...

"Food has replaced sex in my life, now I can't even get into my own pants" ahahahaha

I hope that wasn't a bad thing to post. Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought it was funny..
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Good Morning~~

I collect Angels that have a very special meaning or that have caught my eye. I also have a teddy bear collection or teddybear angels.. :)
    In the past year or so I have been collecting mugs that have really bizarre sayings, that make me laugh out loud in store..I have to buy them!!
    I just got a new one...

"Food has replaced sex in my life, now I can't even get into my own pants" ahahahaha

I hope that wasn't a bad thing to post. Sorry if I offended anyone, I thought it was funny..

pffft... you're FINE... please refer to all "Gutter Gang" posts... lol... we're pretty laid back in these parts
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    :laugh: Looking at my purse and wallet you'd swear I collected reciepts!

:laugh:

Looking at my purse you'd probably think I collect hair rubber bands :bigsmile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I collect magnets - they are easy to move around, etc.
    Other than that....
    I used to collect jewelry until my house was burglarized.. now I only have a few select pieces.
    Oh I know, water pitchers.. I do have a collection of those totally not worth anything but I just love 'em.
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good movies on DVD. I have about 500 videos I taped myself -- that's 1500 films with an average of three per tape. I'm moving to DVD but can't keep up with the ones I have already burned. I have only documented all the purchased ones and my home-made ones through the first part of the letter M. That's 447 titles so far. I also collect good literature.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I collect salt & pepper shaker. I never knew how many different and unique ones there are. I love going to Flea Markets & Yard Sales that's where I find the best ones.:smile:

Me, too! I do only what hubby and I call "schmoopie" ones though--ones that are hugging or kissing, or something--like kissing squirrels, hugging ducks, geese with intertwined necks, etc.

I also collect religious stuff (like religious medals) and Lady of Guadalupe stuff. And, no, I'm not Catholic--I just love Guadalupe and religious medals.
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Great topic!
    I collect wind chimes, flip flops, and old quilts I find at swap meets/yard sales.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    We collect beer bottles....its so much fun to empty them :bigsmile: . I also collect 60's and 70's metal lunchboxes.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I also like Flying Nun stuff--wanted to be her when I was a kid!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Fat Cells - anyone want to buy my ENTIRE collection!?!?!?
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Fat Cells - anyone want to buy my ENTIRE collection!?!?!?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: No thanks I have to many. We should have a going out of business sale for Fat Cells :laugh: :laugh:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I collect Mattel Kiddles (small dolls from the 60's), Blendo (colored glass from the 60's), and vintage jewelry. There are about a dozen other things I collect but those are the biggies. My mother says I collect eclectic kitsch.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Elephants...not real ones, ofc - but ceramic ones.

My mom started collecting them for me when I was little (no idea why elephants - she is not even sure why - something about strength, loyalty, etc. But I've not totally bought into that :laugh: )

Anyways, so people see all the elephants that my mom bought me and think I like elephants, so they buy me more. So now I have a herd and some of ceramic elephants.... I don't think I've bought myself a single one! I think elephants collect me, not the other way around :laugh: