NSV In The Dressing Room!

Options
MelMoly
MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
Today I did something I hate, try on dresses! I never in my dreams believed I was at this point because when I look in the mirror I just don't see it! My husband insisted that I try on some dresses for a date night...clearly I wasn't in the mood (am I ever? no) so the voice in my head had an idea.. "I'll just get a size I know I wont fit so he will stop bugging me" I picked up the 10 and the 8 (because I KNEW I was a 12) I went into the dressing room grabbing the size the 10 pulling it on...it was too big! boy was I in for a shock! I was dumbfounded.. in utter disbelief.. like my heart was going to fall out shocked! Walking out of the room to show my husband the too big dress, he says "try on the other one" blarg... (I really if I was getting a dress wanted the green that wasn't in the smaller size).. Back into the chamber of doom... I know this size friggin 8 isn't going to fit... UGH! The dreaded drums are playing in my head like I'm The Master or something...I pull on the size 8 (in purple) I step back, and the shock I had with the first dress can NOT even compare to the shock I had looking at myself in the mirror...white as a ghost.. I walk out to my husband (him smiling like he has never seen me before ever!) I just get so over whelmed I'm about to cry! IS THIS A FRIGGIN DREAM! I AM NOT SERIOUSLY WEARING THIS SIZE 8!!!! after a few moments I walk back into the dressing room (really crossing my fingers that I'm not about to get upgraded in this dream!) I grab my phone for documented proof that this is truly not ...NOT...NOT a dream. Do the whole undress put your own clothes back on dance (including the part where you smell your arm pits to make sure you smell ok...why? I have no clue we just do it...) walk out to that man grinning, more than likely smug with victory over actually getting me to get a dress! and he takes it and moves like the flash to the cash register to pay for it :) It isn't till I get to the car that I have the full force break down (tears, sobbing, hives) me, the girl that was a size 10/12 when I got married, the girl that went up to a plus size 2 (18/20).... was now in a size 8!

20130518_184355_zps51dbc273.jpg
20130518_184422-1_zps03885583.jpg
20130518_192148_zpsdfe30410.jpg

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Tat is just awesome!!!! You just made my day! I am so happy for you!! I will get there. You are an inspiration!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • trin8ty75
    trin8ty75 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ah-Mazing. You should be so proud of your accomplishment so far. Hope your date night is fantastic
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Awww that is awesome!! Yay you!
  • Qexxlia
    Qexxlia Posts: 19
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    And you rocked that dress!! Congrats, that has to be such an awesome feeling :)
  • jlynn_19
    jlynn_19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing!!! I'm happy for you!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing in that dress.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    to you: awesome work. keep it up!

to your dude: good going. way to make your woman happy.
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Beautiful !!!

I have had the same battle. Not believing the size and scared to get the smaller size.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I have been in the same place as you... you see something and think 'never would that look good or fit' then you are blown away when not only does it fit (or is too big) and it looks good.

Keep up the good work!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic in that dress!!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is an amazing feeling!!!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great NSV
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look amazing.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Tat is just awesome!!!! You just made my day! I am so happy for you!! I will get there. You are an inspiration!

I did the Color Run last week in Baltimore!! it was amazing fun!

Thanks everyone!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awww you look so good! what a great feeling! and that is so sweet of your husband! and I like that the DW reference :)
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    this is wonderful! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ReasonableAssumption
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!!!!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Goose bumps! That was a really inspiring story, thanks for sharing it with us. I dream of my size 8 days :) ps u look great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!