P90X: Progress Pictures!

Options
rainavsfood
rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
My husband & I have been together for almost 8 years now & it was rocky from day one. After years of feeling 'not good enough' it took a toll on my self-image, confidence, & ultimately put me into a depression. I went from one extreme to the next. In the beginning, anorexia had overcome me... I would eat dry cheerios, maybe 2 cups throughout the day... And that was it. I was less than 110 lbs at one point & being 5'6 & no muscle, I looked sick. But... I thought I was fat. After a year or so of this, I went to the next extreme because my body was starving... I would binge on anything & everything, usually in the evenings when my husband was working late & the kids were in bed. I would consume 2,000-3,000 calories (cereal, crackers, candy, ice cream, chips, anything...) in one sitting, then take double the dose of laxatives before bed. I'd wake up... the laxatives would kick in, & I'd start the vicious cycle all over again. This made me GAIN weight & destroyed my metabolism. After 5 years, I filed for divorce. Luckily, God had a plan all along... Not only to restore our marriage & make it better than it's ever been, but to heal me & pull me out of the depression I was in. Luckily, we never finalized the divorce & we've renewed our vows - Two years later, still going strong! But my body definitely hated me for what I'd done... I was able to stop the binging & got a gym membership at Lifetime Fitness. I have become obsessed with researching anything & everything 'fitness' & 'nutrition' because I just wanted to do it the RIGHT way! I started with 100% dedication in November 2012. Starting at 141 lbs and almost 30% body fat & a size 10, I kicked butt 6-7 days/week with strength training & cardio including P90X & began a 'clean eating' lifestyle & Shakeology (I trashed everything in my pantry!)! It's been almost 6 months & I'm at 125.8 lbs & around 17% body fat, & a size 2. Complete transformation, and I'm not done yet!!

0a0cb9e4-d45d-4319-9165-22e7f7434038_zps0e38c79c.jpg

Replies

• ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You have truly overcome so much!!!
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'd be happy to have your body even in the first pics ^_^ You're a sexy beast! Good work! :D
  • Charlottesmama
    Charlottesmama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am in the same boat as you with a past eating disorder and now trying to lose weight after my second child. I am on week 3 of P90X and I have gained weight. How long did it take you to start seeing results?
  • Fivefeetjo
    Fivefeetjo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Wow! :love:
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Fantastic :drinker:
  • Polishgirl07
    Polishgirl07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Great job!
  • mamamia29
    mamamia29 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You rock!
    Heres to a happy and healthy future for u and ur family, lovely story :smile:
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You need to put yourself into the infomercial for P90X as a real success story! Congratulations, and I'm happy your family life is working out beautifully. :smile:
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Lady, you look absolutely incredible. Well done :)
  • LeslieBell123
    LeslieBell123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look great but also it's great to hear what God did in your marriage!

I look similar to your before pic right now. Can you give me some more details about what you did? I'd like to have an after pic like yours. I eat pretty well (at least not too many calories), run and do lots of other cardio and lift weights occasionally. Even though I'm doing pretty well and have lost 24 lbs, I don't exactly have results like yours. Thanks!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    amazing in such a short period of time! i struggled to lose 20 lbs in a year.... i wish i looked as good as you, i am still trying to just lose body fat now but that hasn't budged at all either.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    dayum!!
    damn-gif-o.gif
  • carmen316
    carmen316 Posts: 3
    Options
    I feel the same way. Depress and I feel my husband doesn't want me anymore because I've gain weight, I wasn't this heavy when he met me and plus I feel I have to compete with his daughter's mother, a little petite woman. I started working out six days ago, 2 hours a day, walking. My brother has P90X DVD and he is bringing it to me when he comes in his vacation in a couple of weeks. I don't want to give up, some times I don't think I'm strong enough to do it. I like that you have done it, I wish I could do it to. I love my husband and he loves me, now I need to love myself again. I like my body I just need to go back to were I was. I need to discipline myself. Reading your story has made me realize I can do it if I dedicate myself to it.Good job!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Impressive. You really put in a lot of hard work and it definitely shows!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! You look amazing balls!!!

Dont smash your face...im doing another round right now :) on week 4 monday. I prefer p90x over insanity but when I first started (2 years ago) I used the power 90 I was a size 20!!! After the first 90days I was a 14 with only losing 8lbs...and I never looked back! I thank beachbody every day
  • Swissabroad
    Options
    Kudos!!! Great job and very motivating.
    I'm 5 days into Insanity Workout now and can already see results, it's great to see where it can finally lead me to.
    Thx for sharing.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your willpower and drive are very inspiring!! Be very proud of yourself girl!!
  • User819
    User819 Posts: 271
    Options
    You look incredible. Well well done
  • Shannon16385
    Options
    You look amazing! I hope I have the same results as you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!