OK, pleez help a man in need

Options
Iv got 2300 cals each day, now Im exercising much more, even tho I eat well (in my mind, Im trying to even out all the elements to be exactly what I need) Im still 800 short, now I dont feel hungry and its so much less than I have eaten in my life. I feel fantastic, and the fat is visibly falling from my face and belly, everyone is noticing and that is positive and Im persevering, but what do I do. Im prepared to be re educated and do whatever is necessary. I believe Im making more informed choices. As an example, I was exercising and manual working all day Saturday, I needed something like 6000 cals left after eating, its just not going to happen. The scales are showing a different story no weight lost, what is happening. Is my food intake so hideous Ill never lose, or am I undereating, then how do i get on board that many cals, will eating later at night affect me. I have lost a large amount of weight, from my start point a couple of years back, but im working so much harder now, I mean I came in from work and attacked the jungle that is our garden for an hour, before then doing 6 week 100 pressup and 200 situps, A few months ago Id hav sat on the sofa, wtched telly and eaten sweets and crap. I really want to change, I want to show my partner that I am disciplined and will look like I used to, for me first and foremost.

Replies

• Becky_Boop
    Options
    I took a look at your diary, it seems like you are eating quite well but maybe add more fruit and vegetables and try to keep to lower carbs? It looks like you need lots more water (unless you just aren't logging water).
    Other than that all I can suggest is to change you're workouts a little, maybe do more strength training or more cardio. But as you said, you can physically see the change, you're on the right track so you must be doing something right.
    Don't lose motivation, good luck.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It sounds to me that you have hit a plateau... not to worry - it seems to happen to many that when the scales silence in changes the tape measurer is doing the talking. Stay with it and keep going... I'm sure it is just a temporary thing and one of these days you will stand on the scale it will drop. You're doing great! Congratulations on your changes. :bigsmile:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat back my exercise calories, and these days I'm down to around 1500 a day. I have hit a plateau or two and the best thing is to just tough it out.

Also ... working out that much, it's quite possible that your muscles are retaining water. Try to keep drinking lots of water (half your weight in ounces per day) and you should be fine.

You're scale might not drop for a couple weeks, but I bet you'll see a change in your waistline

Hang in there!
  • Bloodie
    Bloodie Posts: 53
    Options
    Oh man, I've looked your diary, and there's alot of misleading foods there...

for example:

on sunday, you had an full english breakfast that just stated 750 calories, and that's it, the rest is empty.

For example, the classic full english breakfast serving has:

Calories: 586
    Total Fat: 33.5g
    Cholesterol: 404mg
    Sodium: 1124
    Carbs: 45
    Protein: 25

Only had 3 meals, and you need to drink alot more water.

On monday

Marks and Spencer - Chilli Con Carne and Rice
    adding to the rest of the facts that are there in MFP
    there's atleast 600mg of sodium per pack in that

All in all, my suggestion is, i've browsed a bit through the diary, i hope you dont mind :)

If you're interested in weight loss, you need to cut back on those chips :)) pizzas & hamburgers. Increase the water, and watch for sodium in different meals. Pizza with vegetables sounds reasonable if its a full meal, it doesnt seem like lots of calories, but belive me, for those 2 or 3 slices of pizza, you can have a really nice lunch with potatoes/swiss chard/cauliflower/spinach & chicken, turkey, or even pork chops roasted, for ... probably the same amount of calories, but belive me, its way more healthy :)

just my 2 cents :) hope u dont mind my suggestions ;)
  • sifu33
    sifu33 Posts: 34
    Options
    thank you to everyone posted here, Im going to work on doing 11 cups water per day, and stay away from fries, and watch sodium, I do try to avoid that but I really appreciate everyones time.

Tonight I had stuffed marrow and veg, so yeehah, Im getting there, believe me, my diary is much better now than a few months ago.

sometimes, i do put something nasty in diary to make sure im over estimating rather than being under, but i get the points.
  • Xephyr
    Xephyr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I personally find it is hard to eat the full calories - I get full and just won't stuff myself.

But less Carbs, more Protein.
    Could try splenda instead of sugar
    Loads more veggies

If you cannot pick it from a tree or hunt it with your bow :-) naturally avoid eating it.
    Natural food is better than all the processed stuff.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    If you've only recently started with resistance and strength training exercises it may be that you're building muscle while losing body fat. In this case it is quite possible that the scales will say you're not losing weight (or maybe even gaining) but your physical appearance will change. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat on a volume by volume basis. You may want to consider taking measurements of your waist, biceps, chest and any other area you're interested in. If the measurements go down over time then you're definitely still losing body fat, regardless of what the scales say.