Barre workout DVD recommendations?

Options
Hello Ive been interested in trying a Barre style workout and dont know which one would be the best. I tried 30DS for 2 weeks but it hurt my knees and didnt get much result. I have a pear shaped body and have a problem slenderizing my lower body. I also use the ellptical and eat healthy. I was looking at Xtend Barre, Booty Barre and Ballet Beautiful. All seem to have pros and cons but want to know if anyone has had any results. Thank you

Replies

• ptammyw
    ptammyw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I take Dailey Method classes at my local studio. There is a great Dailey Method DVD you can try. Very good for core, glutes, thighs. Another good option is The Bar Method, I've taken their classes also and I own their home workout videos. Good luck!
  • aigoooooo
    aigoooooo Posts: 31
    Options
    I have booty barre, xtend barre, ballet body beautiful, squeeze, and pure barre.

I'd recommend booty barre, xtend, and pure barre. the booty barre has a cardio effect, I find myself burning more calories, and feeling it was a better work out. Xtend is the same way. ballet body beautiful made me gain and I'll only do it when I'm extremely lazy. There is no cardio effect, just mat work. Squeeze is pretty solid, but not the best. Then others may recommend turbo barre by cathe (i think) and p57, which I've heard great things about. But I've only done booty barre and xtend and gotten good results.

Edit: I also have core fusions, cardio barre, element ballet, and several other barre work outs. Honestly, booty barre was the stand out. If you get it, get the original booty barre, not the beginner. My sister has the advanced abs and arms and says good things, but the original is amazing. It's the one I'd truly recommend.
  • Lexi507
    Lexi507 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Element: Body Conditioning. It took me a few times to get through the workout, but I really enjoyed how it really works my body and the jump series at the end is fun.
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm gonna start a collection of those two plus pure Barre which now I'm hearing is pretty good as well.
  • aigoooooo
    aigoooooo Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm gonna start a collection of those two plus pure Barre which now I'm hearing is pretty good as well.
    Pure Barre (I have the original, the production quality is low but the work out is GREAT) is so intense on the thighs and calves, I love it. It'll make you shake during plies. It doesn't burn as many calories as booty barre, but its really intensive focused toning.
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    sarahpaquette1

Which is the original booty Barre?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Physique 57 is amazing too.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great Barre workout dvds!
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bumping for reference

Just started Barre at my local studio.. Feel the burn!!
  • amberchammock
    Options
    I agree, I've seen awesome results from element ballet conditioning and it realllllly focuses on the abs, hips ( especially love handles) and thighs, so awesome, you can see a difference in like 2 weeks if you do it 3x/wk