anyone short with tall parents?

Options
I get people asking me all the time if I was adopted. I'm a little under 5'3" . My father is 6'3" and my mother is 5'11". My 12 year old brother is 5'10" and 14 year old sister is 6'. I'm the oldest at 22. Its a little weird how short I am considering the height of my family. Anyone else have a similar situation?

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Well though my mom is short while my dad is of average height but my siblings are all tall & I'm the shortest among them. My brothers are 5'10 & my sister is 5'8 while I'm only a measely 5'2. I'm the oldest too.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If they are your bio-parents, you are an anomaly.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I am short from a short family, but my bio father was short, even though everyone in his family is tall. And I look a lot like his sister (everything except I'm not tall). It happens. I don't have contact with him, that's why I don't talk about them in more familiar terms.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Most of my family is tall and blonde. I'm 5'3 with dark hair and I look a little like Ozzy Osbourne (when he was in Black Sabbath, not now). If I didn't look so much like my step sister (on my dad's side) I would think my mom had a fling with Ozzy and I was the result of that.
  • miroberts23
    miroberts23 Posts: 42
    Options
    If they are your bio-parents, you are an anomaly.
    lol
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    Mine are tall and my brother is 6,4! I am 5.2 at a stretch. I take after my grandma!
  • melkavan
    melkavan Posts: 9
    Options
    Well, my parents aren't the tallest, dad is at 6' mom is only 5'6"...but I have 6 brothers... Everyone one of them is over 6'...
    And I am a measly 5'3". Awesome feeling.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Most of my family is tall and blonde. I'm 5'3 with dark hair and I look a little like Ozzy Osbourne (when he was in Black Sabbath, not now). If I didn't look so much like my step sister (on my dad's side) I would think my mom had a fling with Ozzy and I was the result of that.

You don't look like Ozzy, Amanda. you are much, much hotter. And easier to understand.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Tall and Taller
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Ok, when I first read this I thought it said "Anyone short with a tall penis?" I was like :laugh: :huh:
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My mom is 4'11. My grandma (claims to have been) 5'10 before she started shrinking in her old age, and now she's about 5'4, maybe 5'5; my grandpa is still about 6'. Then again, my mom is adopted.

I'm 5'2, 5'3 on a really good day. My dad will tell you he was also once 5'10 but that's bull****, he's never been more than 5'6 at most and he's shrunk in his old age, too. My sister's 5' even.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

You don't look like Ozzy, Amanda. you are much, much hotter. And easier to understand.

That's what all my friends say until they see a young photo of him and then they're like "Yeah, you kind of do... still hotter though." and I've never had a problem understanding anything he says, oddly enough.
  • lalionne
    lalionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    my mother is 5'9.5"...my dad is 6'4"...i am 5'10"...but my little sister is only 5'5"! she got the little french woman genes, hehe! :)
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Yep. Well, I'm not REALLY short since I am 5'4", but my dad is like 6'1''-6'2'' and by mother is around 6 foot. My brother is also 6'2''. I'm the shortest/smallest in my immediate family and take after a couple of my aunts more than I do my parents in body shape/size.
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    My mom is about 5'9" or 5'10", but she is kind of the only one from her side of the family who's taller lol Most of my family from my mom's side is short. My dad is kind of short - 5'6" or 5'7", but the height is also pretty short on his side, with some exceptions.

I wasn't an exception, I'm 5'1".
  • miroberts23
    miroberts23 Posts: 42
    Options
    Ok, when I first read this I thought it said "Anyone short with a tall penis?" I was like :laugh: :huh:
    lol
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep. Mom is 5'7, Dad is 6'3, brother is 6'5...and I'm 5'4. Awesome.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My Dad hovers around 5'10" and my Mom around 5'9". Mom's sis is over 6 ft. I am just barely 5 ft. And yes, they are my bio parents. I got my shortness from Grandma, which one I'm not sure because both were tiny.
  • _castiel
    _castiel Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm the opposite, every woman in my family is around 5' (my mum is 4'11''!) and I'm 5'4'', making me a giant. Also, I'm the only one in the family with brown hair; my parents and sister have black hair, and my grandparents are gingers. Hmm....
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    I'm the opposite as well, my mom is 5'4, dad is 5'6, my grandmother and aunts are all 5'3 and under yet I'm 5'8!