Yep - he said it

Ellem86
Ellem86 Posts: 204
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm sat on the sofa, and I notice that my boyfriend keeps poking my thigh. I've just been to the gym so I'm thinking "hmm, maybe he's noticed that my thighs are firmer …". I ask him why he keeps poking my leg. He says "everytime I poke it, the skin ripples and wobbles". If it wasn't for the fact that he seemed genuinely amused by this, I might have kicked him off the sofa.

Replies

• sparis88
    sparis88 Posts: 30
    My husband does that to me sometimes but it only makes me stronger. Ignore him and continue working on you! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    I would have kicked him off the sofa no questions asked lol. Keep working at it and those so called "ripples and wobbles" will vanish soon enough.
  • yep, I'd wobble him straight off the sofa! :laugh:
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    I would have slapped him silly! :laugh:
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    I was in the front passenger seat of our car and had my arm leaning over the back of the car seat resting on the driver's seat. My 10-year-old was in the back seat and she started doing the same thing to my arm... And giggling... Boyfriend/husband would have been thrown from the car ~ cannot do that to my child ;)

Seriously, I am sorry your boyfriend did that to your leg! But keep working, love your body and push him off the sofa with your "giggly" leg and let him see how STRONG you have gotten :D
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: My kids do that to my arms all the time!:laugh: :laugh: It is keeping me motivated to work on that!
  • i woulda ***** slapped him from here to timbuckto!!!!!!!!!!!!
    need to say my bf has never done anything like that to me coz he knows ad beat his *kitten* down.

hes just being a man and jeluse coz ur doing something about ur weight ect

ignore his and kickhis assoff the sofa next time

keep up the great work hun
    x
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    LOL, that is so funny.....I hope you wrote your article to make us laugh, because as you can see we are all cracking up

I hope you didnt take it too hard, because I am laughing so hard, I am thinking he didnt mean it in a bad way, plus looking at your photos you seem pretty slim as it is already.....even the slim ones have jiggles here and there.....

I have a very skinny cousin and she jiggles...believe it

Have a good day
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    :noway: I'm with many of the others - I vote to kick him off the sofa. It sounds like something one of my ex's would have done (and they did... and it didn't stop with the pokes). I can't say that I'm laughing at this behavior. As mentioned - children you expect this from but an adult is simply disrespectful. We all take these things differently. Keep doing what you are doing and you will have those 'firm' legs. :flowerforyou:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    My cousin, when her first child was 4 years old, came into her room as she was primping in front of a full-length mirror. He walked up to her, poked her in the bum, and said, "Mommy's fat." How's that for encouragement?
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    You should have said, "Yeah, I'm going to the gym to firm it all up for my next man".
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Your stories have made me laugh so hard! He really wasn't being mean so I laughed it off but it definitely makes me want to work harder and longer in the gym. When my legs are burning on the Cardio Wave my mantra will be "Jiggly legs no more!"
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    I wonder how "FUNNY" he would think it was if you poked his, ahem, 'man parts' and giggled like he did to you????
    Guaranteed the poking would stop.............:devil:

Keep at it, and you will see a difference (in you AND him)!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    LOL - they mean well ... I think! Just this morning my hubby said "You look so much better with that big ol' gut shrinking."

??? Thanks, I guess ???
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Yeah, most guys don't understand that we are ALWAYS thinking about "Ooh what part of me is hanging over my pants?" or "Ugh, I hope I don't have armpit fat in this tank top" so when they do things like that they don't realize that it actually hurts our feelings. Don't take him too seriously unless he does this consistently.

P.S. if it makes you feel any better, I was sitting cross-legged on the couch in shorts one day and my boyfriend starts, like, studying my inner thigh and says "what happened? Why do you have these scars?" And I said "Those are stretch marks..." Poor guy got pretty flustered.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm sat on the sofa, and I notice that my boyfriend keeps poking my thigh. I've just been to the gym so I'm thinking "hmm, maybe he's noticed that my thighs are firmer …". I ask him why he keeps poking my leg. He says "everytime I poke it, the skin ripples and wobbles". If it wasn't for the fact that he seemed genuinely amused by this, I might have kicked him off the sofa.

:noway:

He probably means it in an affectionate way. However, next time he says that, punch him in the gob and when he asks why you did that, just say "everytime I punch it, the skin ripples and wobbles" - that should sort him!
This discussion has been closed.