Do you really...?

Options
I have been on MFP before and did really well with it...but this go around I'm finding it to be very difficult to want to log all my foods every day. Does anyone else have this problem, and do you literally log every single thing or is there some things you won't log???

Replies

• ColumnHugger
    ColumnHugger Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I joined last week and yes logging food is the hardest part for me. But the diet portion of a healthy lifestyle change has always been the hardest part for me. I can work out until kingdom come but when it comes to watching what I eat I have the hardest time.
  • Kateslosingweight
    Options
    I joined once before and I logged everything and this time it feels so annoying but I think last time I was so much more concerned, I was really in an eating disorded mindset so I was worried more about it, this time I'm just trying to be healthy and gain the weight back but I really can't get around to logging every single thing I eat but since I get my iPhone soon I hope it'll be easier to keep track with it on my phone. Maybe you should just write a quick note on a piece of paper or on your phone of what you ate and log it all at the end of the day? That way you don't have to constantly get back on and off and what not!
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log everything. On other weight loss programs I tried before MFP, I found that when I didn't track everything, I didn't lose as much weight. I know it takes some time, but it's worth it.

To make things easier, I spent some time creating recipes, and saving meals so the next time I add something I eat all the time, I can just add it as a meal. That makes it much easier, and saves me a lot of time.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I log everything, doesn't matter how big/small.

But I like to "see" when I go over how much it was, and what I ate that was the biggest culprit.
  • emeraldj18
    emeraldj18 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yes,It can be a hassel to log in everything but, believe me,It is worth it......I actually log in BEFORE I actually eat or order anything.I have the app on my phone and there have been times when I have changed what I was going to eat because I knew at that time what 'damage" it was going to create for the day.It has been VERY helpful..Good Luck to you:smile:
  • EmmaH14
    EmmaH14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm logging everything at the moment although it is still quite new to me. I find it easier to log after each meal as it doesn't take very long. If I wait until the end of the day it's a much bigger job and I struggle to remember what I've eaten!
  • emeraldj18
    emeraldj18 Posts: 22
    Options
    Doing what you are doing REALLY:smile: Helps
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    thistimewillbedifferent Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything. Last year I struggled a LOT with logging...and I wasn't successful at all. It's way too easy (at least for me) to lose track of what you're doing when you aren't logging. Once I finally accepted that, at least for me personally, logging is one of the mandatory keys to my success, I just started doing it faithfully, even when I didn't feel like it, and the weight started coming off (36 lbs since the beginning of 2013). So hang in there and keep trying...when it finally "sticks," it will definitely be worth it!
  • jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I too have just returned after an injury related relapse. I had a bicycle accident & have multiple broken ribs. No riding, running or fast walking. Sedentary.

But to stay on topic; I find it hard to post when I haven' fully changed. This first week is hard because I am eating & drinking as I have been. That it to see what the damage is. It gets easier to post when I am cleaning up & losing or maintaining weight.
  • CramerWife
    CramerWife Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you for your responses, does make me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who struggles with this but it's also good to hear of those to do great with logging food, keep it up!! I will do my best with your guys' encouragement :))!
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    I finally thought of it this way... If i never wrote down what i spent every day and never could check at the bank how much i had, how long would i be able to keep in my head what my bank balance was? answer.. about a day! So its the same with food. I don't really remember unless i keep it logged. I do think that after a while i'll just have a sense for it... i'll know i can't have wine AND dessert on a day that i didn't exercise....