Hesitant to eat more: TDEE..and lifting?

Options
2»

Replies

• kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    You all are awesome. Thank you.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    To me they taste better so much so I don't have to use Milk in the shake. I just use steam distilled water. You can keep that whey stuff. If I can't stomach the taste I know I won't use it. I was only trying to give her other options.
    That's fair enough, just pointing out taste aside, whey is probably cheaper + and more efficient as a source of protein :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Might want to redo the sweet potato, black bean, onion etc lunch recipe. Input the items individually and it will provide nutrients. Right now it's a popular input item and it's throwing the big picture off.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    As someone who do not eat meat, soy or tofu. Protein is available from black lentils - 9 grams per serving, black beans, almond butter shake (almond milk, almond butter, frozen banana, frozen mango, crushed pineapple).

Do an Internet search for foods high in protein for a vegetarian.
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can get lots of protein as a vegetarian. I don't eat meat and I'm lactose intolerant, and here's how I get my protein in a typical day:

-Protein powder - whey and hemp varieties (technically whey is dairy but it doesn't aggravate my lactose problem) - around 40 g. per day - in a breakfast smoothie and as a postworkout drink at night.
    -seitan, tempeh, tofu - 20 g. per day (look up recipes for these online or ask me for cookbook recommendations... seitan is wheat-based and very "meaty" textured, and if you're worried about getting too much soy, and you can tolerate wheat, seitan is awesome. Tempeh is soy-based, as is tofu, obviously. I love tempeh the best. I blacken it in a skillet w/ spices and put it on salad)
    -Think Thin bars - 20 g. per day (I tend to eat one per day as a snack)
    -Beans, lentils etc. - 10 g. per day, depending (I eat beans almost every day, but not every day)
    -Eggs - 10 g. per day, depending (I don't eat eggs every day)
    -Misc protein from veggies, fruits, whole grains (it adds up!) - 10 g. per day

As you can see, I supplement w/ protein powder and a Think Thin bar every day to get my protein to almost 30% of my calories. If I weren't lactose intolerant, I'd use Greek yogurt too.

Good luck! :)

Edited to add: The powder and bars I eat are "processed food" so I try to offset that with lots of veggies and fruit, and by sticking to whole grains for carbs.