Raspberry keytones

Options

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I never said that they would work without diet and exercise. They supposedly speed up metabolism and turn fat from food into thermic energy . Now whether or not they are helping me, I don't know but they're certainly doing no harm.

That would be your body's natural process, not the raspberry ketones.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but lots of people read these threads and there are, unfortunately, an abundance of myths and pseudoscience claims around about quick fixes.

Diet and exercise are the keys, proven over and over again.
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I never said that they would work without diet and exercise. They supposedly speed up metabolism and turn fat from food into thermic energy . Now whether or not they are helping me, I don't know but they're certainly doing no harm.

That would be your body's natural process, not the raspberry ketones.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but lots of people read these threads and there are, unfortunately, an abundance of myths and pseudoscience claims around about quick fixes.

Diet and exercise are the keys, proven over and over again.

And you know for sure that they don't work do you? Ever tried them? Or just going by what you've read? Everyone thinks they know everything and jump on the bandwagon. Now the OP asked if anyone has had success using them, not a load of patronising comments from people who probably have no experience on the subject.
  • chocolatemama30
    chocolatemama30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Everyone's an expert!! They are hundreds of supplements out there, Im sure that as well as a lot of them not working....a lot of them actally do...in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise...simple!!! You cant just rubbish something you do not know anything about lol! At least try it. and then form an opinion!!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

And you know for sure that they don't work do you? Ever tried them? Or just going by what you've read? Everyone thinks they know everything and jump on the bandwagon. Now the OP asked if anyone has had success using them, not a load of patronising comments from people who probably have no experience on the subject.

No one was being patronizing They were just giving the OP feedback on their experience of raspberry ketones.

I personally took raspberry ketones. I was losing weight at a steady rate. I started taking ketones and still lost weight at that same rate. Granted there were many variables at play but my conclusion supports Otterluvs statement. They indeed, lightened my wallet rather that lightening my body fat.

The studies of raspberry ketones have all been done on mice eating at a calorie surplus. Since OP is not a mouse (I presume) and she is eating at a deficit I'm going to go ahead and say that the 'supposed' benefits of raspberry ketones just aren't worth the money.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15862604

^Mice eating high fat diet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22551412

^Some more rats eating a high fat diet

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20425690

^More mice over eating !
  • sarahjalink
    Options
    I agree!! Everyone's an expert!! They are hundreds of supplements out there, Im sure that as well as a lot of them not working....a lot of them actally do...in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise...simple!!! You cant just rubbish something you do not know anything about lol! At least try it. and then form an opinion!!

Thank you!! I'm not dismissing anything without first trying it, so long as it's safe and legal.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

http://www.fakefoodwatch.com/2012/05/raspberry-ketones-another-industrial.html

it's FAKE. it's a SCAM. they just want your MONEY. they rely on people like you who refuse to apply any critical thinking skills, to fall for it and send them $69.95 for a bottle of their MAGIC PILLS just to "try them for myself". if this stuff actually worked, do you really think Oprah would still be fat?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Thank you!! I'm not dismissing anything without first trying it, so long as it's safe and legal.

Supplement companies love you.

:flowerforyou:
  • sarahjalink
    Options

it's FAKE. it's a SCAM. they just want your MONEY. they rely on people like you who refuse to apply any critical thinking skills, to fall for it and send them $69.95 for a bottle of their MAGIC PILLS just to "try them for myself". if this stuff actually worked, do you really think Oprah would still be fat?

$69.95? Wow America's expensive, only £9.99 in the UK! But I'm guessing that figure was just to emphasise your point. I'll carry on with the Ketones and be sure to let you all know how it goes.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Yeah, screw science and reality!! Hopes and dreams ftw!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

That got me thinking, so I looked up the Material Safety Data Sheet at http://www.lansdownearomatics.com/assets/Aroma-MSDS/RASPBERRY KETONE.pdf

"2 HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION
    HAZARD ID Harmful if swallowed."

"11 TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
    TOXIC DOSE 1 - LD 50 1320 mg/kg (oral rat)
    INHALATION Irritating to respiratory system.
    INGESTION Harmful if swallowed."

"SAFETY PHRASES
    This material and its container must be disposed of as
    hazardous waste."

So maybe taking 4-(p-HYDROXYPHENYL)-2-BUTANONE as a diet aid isn't that safe ?
  • sarahjalink
    Options

And what science is there that proves they don't work? Links please, from a reliable source and not just opinion.
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    didnt do i thing for me
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

$69.95? Wow America's expensive, only £9.99 in the UK! But I'm guessing that figure was just to emphasise your point. I'll carry on with the Ketones and be sure to let you all know how it goes.

no, these scammers are truly getting rich tricking gullible people into buying what are essentially placebos at high prices.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-raspberry-ketone-force-1
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    33c26u1.gif
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

And what science is there that proves they don't work? Links please, from a reliable source and not just opinion.

the burden is on the people selling this stuff to prove it works. they cannot and have not done that.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Um, they can't even prove it works, shouldn't that be considered proof that it doesn't work?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Lol. Sources that they do not work? How about showing studies that they DO work?
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    No quick fixes
    /thread
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

the burden is on the people selling this stuff to prove it works. they cannot and have not done that.

ej5s2w.gif
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    OP if I said to you hand me some money and I will give you a quick diet loss tablet, you will lose weight super fast (along with exercise and a low calorie healthy diet plan) would you give me some money?

There are no quick fix diet tablets (unless you are going with drugs that were prescribed a long time ago such as speed)

I really do not understand why you can not just eat at a calorie deficit and throw in some exercise...most people on here do it and you will find great support along the way?