One year one - noticeable difference?

Options
fitgirlandfoodie
fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
I have never ever posted pics on these threads, mainly because I can't notice any difference really in my body (even though I know there must be as my clothes all fit better and I'm down a size or two). But this last week made me think about where I've come from.

On St.Patrick's day last year my boyfriend of about 5 months broke up with me. I was devasted and it took its toll on me. I had let my weight get out of control and from a low of 9 st 6 at 5''11 I had ballooned up to 12st 2 and it didn't suit me one bit. I used the break up as motivation to make myself fitter and healthier for me and to enjoy myself with no thought for guys or relationships.

And I did pretty ok, losing a stone and for the first time in 10 years I wore a bikini on holidays. (this was not due to any amazing body confidence, rather the 40 degree + heat made it a bit of a neccessity). Having the summer of my life I went to visit a college friend for a night out in August and met a guy. I was very cautious at first, I was fed up with being hurt, but after a month of talking we ended up going out . We were together for 9 months and then last Sunday, for no apparent reason, he broke up with me. On facebook. I couldn't fathom it and immediately I assumed it was because of my appearance. I still haven't got my answer from him, but we are talking - I hasten to add, I'm not holding anger against this guy - it will not get me anywhere and I just need to move on, however hard it will be . My confidence took a serious hit though and all week I wondered was my fitness/weightloss journey even worthwhile. (not a logical link I'll grant you but I don't think I was thinking straight).

Then today I thought..you know what? I've lost 2stone since last year - I can't be that unattractive - my body confidence should have nothing to do with this. And so I decided to try on the bikini I wore last year on holiday and also the two new ones I bought for this summer..I can't really see a difference but I did feel more confident than I did last year, and so that is something of an achievement. I have a way to go - ideally to lose another 4-5 pounds (maybe 10 but I don't know - baby steps, and to lower my bodyfat) but I think that by the time I go to Spain this summer I will feel total confidence in the way I look (even if i am bigger than others on the beach) and I will maintain my progress because I started this journey for me and no one else.

I suppose the reason I'm posting the pics is that I do still worry about how people see me (I know I shouldn't but it'll take more work for me to get to that mentality) and I would like to know if people think I should dare to bare this summer :-)

The picture on the far left is last year in the bikini, the others are all taken today 2 stone 2 lighter at 10st.

bgtkdi.jpg

Replies

• totallygina
    Options
    I can tell a difference...but even your before pic. is pretty awesome.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. You look fantastic! It doesn't look like you need to lose any more weight. Definitely rock the beach with confidence!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thank you ladies :-) I was very nervous about posting the pics, I think I needed to recognise the progess made thus far :)
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful
    And there is a significant difference, But you look awesome in the 1st pic as well.
    You need to be confident in you, when you worry about what people think all the time it affects what you want to do. I am not saying its easy we all worry to a certain degree.
    But you must hold your head high and say f#@4 it. For real, When I worry about others idea about me I am no good to me, but when I let go and love myself, I feel so free.

Enjoy yourself and wear that bikini. If your mind starts wondering to bad thoughts immediately address it and start thinking about the great qualities about yourself. DO something silly and laugh
  • elisew34
    elisew34 Posts: 27
    Options
    You look great! I'm currently 10st 10lbs and wish I looked even half as good as you do. Be proud of not just losing the weight but of having a great figure.
    Any bloke who has the slightest thought that you don't look good has problems that they need to deal with :wink:
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Nice job with your weightloss goals! The before pic doesn't look bad though, like someone else stated. Keep it up!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    You look fabulous. What can be seen is your body composition. You now have less fat and more muscle mass giving you more body definition.
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    you look amazing girl!!! In both your before and after pic!!! Jealous!!!!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thank ye all very much :-) the goal from now apart from a small weight loss is to build up muscle - particularly in my thigh/hip areas, nothing I can do about being a pear shape but its the area I'm most conscience of. And I am very much trying to be more confident in me and not to worry about others - that's the ultimate goal :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! Look at you! Difference is like night and day! Great job! You are beautiful!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding!?! :smile: You look amazing! You looked great in the first pic, you look even better now! Beautiful lady!! Don't ever forget that!! And I'm not just saying that! :happy: Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thank you all :-) It's nice to know that there is a difference - however small - on to bigger and better things :-) x
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    I suppose it's hard to see difference in yourself when you have always had a poor body image.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Both pics look great! You'll be rockin' it on the beach.. Men! hmph! Don't let them determine your beauty.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    thats true - but to be fair to him, he never once said anything about how I looked that was negative - that was just my natural assumption when he ended it. Summer 2013 will be the best yet :-)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You'll have a lot of admirers in Spain.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    bhahaha :) don't know about that , I wouldn't know what to do with it anyways! (it may not be apparent, but I am very shy and awkward around guys)
  • claudiacarmel
    claudiacarmel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First picture you look incredible. Second picture you look smoking hot and sexy. Your hard work has clearly paid off. It's hard to shake off the insecurities regarding your appearances but let me reassure you that you are gorgeous. Any man would be luck to have you. Happy that you and your ex are speaking, that helps in some ways if you can remain friends and amicable. Relationships aren't always easy, are they? :( but you will have lots of suitors!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    Options
    Thank you Claudia, I think I just needed to reassure myself that things had changed from this time last year. It was very easy to think I was stuck in a rut. I'm glad we are talking - not that I want anything to happen or think that I can change his mind - I wouldn't want to after they way he approached it - but I hate holding anger and resentment. I'm finally approaching a body image that I am happy with..just need to get my hands on some weights to define muscle and lower bf..really miss the cheap gym membership of a college student :-)
  • tradmad
    tradmad Posts: 6
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Wow!!! in both pictures you look fab, but omg look at you in that second pic!!! You are my inspiration!! Bring on Summer 2013 whhooooooooo :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!