Raspberry keytones

Options

Replies

• sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Everyone's an expert!! They are hundreds of supplements out there, Im sure that as well as a lot of them not working....a lot of them actally do...in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise...simple!!! You cant just rubbish something you do not know anything about lol! At least try it. and then form an opinion!!

Thank you!! I'm not dismissing anything without first trying it, so long as it's safe and legal.

Yeah, screw science and reality!! Hopes and dreams ftw!

And what science is there that proves they don't work? Links please, from a reliable source and not just opinion.

Lol. Sources that they do not work? How about showing studies that they DO work?

Erm, well how about I am using them and losing weight. Who knows if they have anything to do with it. Once I am nearer my goal I will stop taking them for a couple of weeks and see for myself. Until then, I'm sticking with my tried and tested formula.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    This thread is pretty funny. I think am going to invent a weight loss supplement... maybe something with dog hair in it... I have lots of that available... and then ask people to buy it because they can't prove that it DOESN'T work. :laugh:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    And what science is there that proves they don't work? Links please, from a reliable source and not just opinion.

I already sent you links. They're on page one. You just chose to ignore them and get defensive.

You may feel that people are personally attacking YOU. That's not the case. Many people here have indeed been duped into buying such supplements (myself included) and are only trying to prevent others from doing the same.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options

As I said (somewhat flippantly I grant you), try eating at maintenance and not doing any exercise to see if these Raspberry Ketones make you lose weight on their own.

Now I'll bet that without a deficit and exercise you lose nothing, but I'm very more than happy to be proved wrong.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Erm, well how about I am using them and losing weight. Who knows if they have anything to do with it. Once I am nearer my goal I will stop taking them for a couple of weeks and see for myself. Until then, I'm sticking with my tried and tested formula.

I am losing weight and eating ice cream.

Ice cream = weight loss
  • sarahjalink
    Options
    OP if I said to you hand me some money and I will give you a quick diet loss tablet, you will lose weight super fast (along with exercise and a low calorie healthy diet plan) would you give me some money?

There are no quick fix diet tablets (unless you are going with drugs that were prescribed a long time ago such as speed)

I really do not understand why you can not just eat at a calorie deficit and throw in some exercise...most people on here do it and you will find great support along the way?

Did she say anything about a quick fix? Perhaps like me she is dieting and exercising and looking for something that may speed up the results!
  • sarahjalink
    Options
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Keytones?

raspberrykeytones_zps945e3a60.jpg

@crochetluvr I'm on the same page as you?!! lol
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Everyone's an expert!! They are hundreds of supplements out there, Im sure that as well as a lot of them not working....a lot of them actally do...in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise...simple!!! You cant just rubbish something you do not know anything about lol! At least try it. and then form an opinion!!

Thank you!! I'm not dismissing anything without first trying it, so long as it's safe and legal.

Lol. Sources that they do not work? How about showing studies that they DO work?

What exactly "tried and tested formula" are you talking about here? The fact that you're exercising and experiencing a calorie deficit? Yes, that's tried and tested. AND PROVEN. Or the raspberry ketones? Yep, tried, tested, and NO CONCLUSIVE evidence.

What makes you think they work for you when they haven't been proven to work for anyone else?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

My dear, you are losing weight because you are eating less calories than you burn, not because of some magic pill.

I am sorry that you so badly want there to be some way to speed up your weight loss, but there are very few things that actually do this. Energy is energy. Now the good thing is that you are losing weight from your own efforts, despite your magic pills, so yay for you!
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have taken it and to answer your question it doesn't. really the only way you can lose is through diet and exercsize.

the catch with the Raspberry Kertane is you have to take it 30-45 minuets before each meal for it to even do anything. there are no quick fixes to lose weight.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Its a scam

This thread reminds me of this hamster

every-post-i-make-o.gif

don't be this hamster.

If any of these 'miracle weight loss boosters' worked, no one would be overweight.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

That's not really proof that they work. To prove that they have some effect on weight loss, you would need to be eating at maintenance or more, not exercising and still losing weight. You don't fall into either category. You both eat at a deficit and exercise. It is more likely that your exercise and calorie deficit are the causes for your weight loss. Congrats on your loss btw.

You don't have to believe me. I just think it is more likely that your loss is from eating fewer calories than you burn. Just my opinion, you can't take it with a grain of salt.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    OP if I said to you hand me some money and I will give you a quick diet loss tablet, you will lose weight super fast (along with exercise and a low calorie healthy diet plan) would you give me some money?

There are no quick fix diet tablets (unless you are going with drugs that were prescribed a long time ago such as speed)

I really do not understand why you can not just eat at a calorie deficit and throw in some exercise...most people on here do it and you will find great support along the way?

Did she say anything about a quick fix? Perhaps like me she is dieting and exercising and looking for something that may speed up the results!

Then the OP is in for a shock, there is nothing that speeds up results short of surgery?

I understand you wanting to be nice to the OP but the question being asked IS about raspberry ketones...I mean come on nobody buys into that type of hype?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

The UK's Advertising Standards Authority has upheld a number of complaints about advertising of these products, stating that "The ASA also upheld complaints that the efficacy claims for the Raspberry Ketone Diet such as “She lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks” and “I lost 25lbs in 4 weeks, No Special Diet, No Intense Exercise” had not been substantiated with robust evidence.".
    http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Non-compliant-online-advertisers/Natural-Health-Network-Ltd.aspx

The EU EFSA database also does not authorise claims to be made about raspberry derivatives and weight loss, again because "this claimed effect for this food has not been substantiated."
  • sarahjalink
    Options

That's not really proof that they work. To prove that they have some effect on weight loss, you would need to be eating at maintenance or more, not exercising and still losing weight. You don't fall into either category. You both eat at a deficit and exercise. It is more likely that your exercise and calorie deficit are the causes for your weight loss. Congrats on your loss btw.

You don't have to believe me. I just think it is more likely that your loss is from eating fewer calories than you burn. Just my opinion, you can't take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you. And as I've said plenty of times I don't know for sure if they play a part. I have been exercising 3 times a week for the last 4 months and lost no weight. I wasn't dieting but I also wasn't going mad and eating the world. Three weeks in and almost 7lbs lost. Now I'm not saying I know that they work, just that I don't know they don't.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm not dismissing anything without first trying it, so long as it's safe and legal.

Cigarette smoking for pregnant women was encouraged at one time as being "safe and legal," too. :ohwell:

As so many have said before: THERE. ARE. NO. QUICK. FIXES. There is no such thing as a magic pill -- it's proper nutrition and exercise that will help you get healthier and lose weight while doing so. Seriously, try getting off the 1200 calorie diet while taking that rubbish, and see how well your metabolism gets "boosted."

No one here is trying to "bash" either you or the OP, but you have to realize that whatever is helping you lose weight has NOTHING to do with the pills you're taking.

Unless you're a lab rat in disguise, that is.
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is such a quack for every mentioning this on his show and getting people to do it. I know for a fact that 3 people I know who were on it started experiencing hypertension (high blood pressure) after on them a few weeks. Its not worth it! Here's the best weight loss tip there is....There's no magic pill, eat less crap and work hard.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options

I don't know why you're getting so defensive. Nobody's attacking you. I think you should try to go off the ketones for a bit, and see if you're still losing weight (and you will because you're eating at a deficit). If for some reason you stop losing weight, go back on the ketones and start losing again, then you can come on here and defend them all you want. And I don't mean try going off them when you're closer to your goal (thats when weight loss slows down and you're going to think it's because you stopped taking them), I mean like now.
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mind if I have my say on this? I have actually tried these so I will share with you my results.
    I was eating a calorie deficit and working out a little and I mean a little but the lb's were coming off at a rate of 1lb per week.
    I bought these 'magic pills' and I was sceptical to say the least as there was no evidence that they worked in humans so I did my own test.
    I stopped eating at a deficit and started eating at maintenance, I stopped working out so that I would not have a deficit and instead took these pills, they repeated on me really bad but I stuck with it and gave it a really good month before I weighed myself again.
    When the month was up I weighed myself to see if the pills had helped and guess what? NOTHING!! not a single lb had gone I had actually gone up 2lb's! consequently what was left was promptly thrown in the bin.
    I then went back to my original plan of eating a deficit and working out and the lb's started to fall off again.
    This is my conclusion: SCAM!!! they didn't do anything for me except lightened my wallet, and they actually increased my waist line!
    My opinion, don't bother, stick to the tried and tested methods, eating right and moving more. That will work, promise!!