Asparagus...

Options
2»

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Saw a "Good Eats" episode with a bit of oil, roast and top with lemon zest and nutmeg that looked good (but haven't tried). I usually steam it and eat it plain or with a mayo and soy sauce dipping sauce (probably not a particularly healthy sauce, but still yummy). I also recently saw a recipe for asparagus fries that looked very tasty.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Skinnytaste spring asparagus risotto has been my favorite all time way to eat asparagus.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have always loved it steamed and served with Hollandaise sauce....

It is fantastic in stir fry.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I put it in my stirfrys, or blanched and in a pasta salad with tomato and feta.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I always eat it steamed . It tastes so good. But you can also put chopped asparagus in an omelette :)
  • 76hellokitty
    Options
    You can also put it on a grill safe pan with some olive oil, salt, pepper and grill it until it starts to char slightly. This and the oven recipe are my fav two ways to cook asparagus!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Put butter into a baking dish, place in 400 degree oven to melt, remove pan front oven, place trimmed asparagus in pan and coat with butter, add salt, bake till bright green.
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Roasted or grilled with a little olive oil, italian herbs, salt and pepper - parmesan cheese if youre feeling indulgent. I love it steamed just to bright green and then marinated in balsamic vinegar, a tbsp of honey and 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I like to toss in olive oil and minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste, then roast until a brown and crispy around the edges. Shake the pan about halfway through cooking to roll them around a little. So good!
  • ruffian25
    ruffian25 Posts: 13
    Options
    wrap in prosciutto and grill on bbq
  • tulip_girl100
    Options
    I grill them with a teaspoon of olive oil and smoked salt and pepper and then I dip them in dippy eggs for a posh weekend breakfast! Amazing. Different size asparagus takes different times but you'll know because they smell amazing
  • onehurt
    onehurt Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just finished pickling 10 pints......Very tasty too!

Mark
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump! Wanna try asparagus :)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Just finished pickling 10 pints......Very tasty too!

Mark

I'll be right over! :love:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Add a small amount of olive oil and put in the oven at 350 for 15 min or so until crispy. So good.

This! Yum!
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump for yum
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Either on the grill or in the oven... wrapped in foil with olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper and garlic... It is so good...