Protein Powder and Yogurt

Options
Just wondering if it tastes good when adding say a vanilla protein powder to greek yogurt or fat free/low carb yogurt? AND I wanna know if it's bad to have the bulk of your daily protein intake at breakfast? I'd would rather do that if possible - my greek yogurt, plus a scoop of protein would be about 30g of protein at breakfast. Then lunch and supper proteins would prob be like 15g each.

Replies

• cutekatie
    cutekatie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been doing that for almost a year. I've put both vanilla and chocolate protein powder and it's very yummy. You can check out my diary to see the breakdown of nutrients.

I have to have a high protein diet and it's a great way to get a lot in one meal.
  • fionahay
    fionahay Posts: 44
    Options
    I mix my chocolate protein with my nonfat greek yogurt (splash of milk to help with mixing) - goes so well with fruit. I have this for either breakfast or dessert at night as I have a massive sweet tooth!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Yep.. I do it a lot.. I feel better when I have a lot of protein in the mornings..
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's fine, your body optimally processes a certain amount but the rest will eventually either be processed at a slower rate / be turned into glucose. Totally A-Okay.

Protein powder + cottage cheese tastes like rice pudding to me.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    It's fine, your body optimally processes a certain amount but the rest will eventually either be processed at a slower rate / be turned into glucose. Totally A-Okay.

Turned into glucose eh??? Type 1 diabetic here!!! I don't like that answer cuz that mean more insulin for me....
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options

Turned into glucose eh??? Type 1 diabetic here!!! I don't like that answer cuz that mean more insulin for me....
    It's only if you're super low carb / ketogenic
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt+Cookies and Cream powder (with a bit of milk) is my go to post workout/late night munchie thing.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I generally do 1/2 scoop protein powder with 3/4 cup greek yogurt.

3/4 c greek yogurt + 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder + 1tbsp peanut butter = OMG soooooo good!
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Just had half a cup of plain Greek yogurt, with half a scoop of chocolate peanut butter protein powder, and some shredded coconut......heaven on earth!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Oh god yes, I discovered this not long ago, and havent stopped it since

Especially since i have lemon flavoured protein powder

nom nom