Detox Bath for Weight Loss

13»

Replies

• can you have a detox bath even though you're breastfeeding?...not at the same time of course...lol
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Epsom salt dehydrates, so it's probably just water weight that's lost and will come back next time you have a glass of water. :P

Oh, and be careful for UTIs/yeast infections if you're a lady-type soaking in anything that can upset your pH.
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member

You lose weight by consuming less calories than you use.

Please don't confuse me with the facts:huh:
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Haha, you really do lose weight! You aren't eating junk food, you walk a lot, and drink lots of water! I lost 10-12 pounds on each mission trip I have been on!
  • Avril007
    Avril007 Posts: 1
    your kidneys remove toxins from your body already.

Your kidneys do, but if you are full of toxins your kidneys need help because the kidneys and liver become sluggish and you gain weight as a result.. Detox gets rid of toxins thus can aid in weightloss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Lol, this is such BS.:laugh:

In the words of Ricky Ricardo: "Lucy, you got some splaining to do!":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Technically you could lose weight by soaking in the tub all day and never eating but I would not suggest it.....

If your liver and kidneys are "sluggish" then you are ill. Drink water and eat real food in slightly less amounts then you burn and you will lose weight.

This was very entertaining!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    LOL
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Depending on where the mission trip takes place, you might catch a bug that causes gastrointestinal distress which will result in weight loss.

Jeff-daniels-toilet-dumb-an.jpg
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Sounds like a wonderful spa treatment! Wish I had a tub worthy of that. What I do know is I tried epsom salts soak for my feet after a really bad high heels night and my feet felt brand new in 30 minutes! That alone is worth the price of admission. As far as detoxing, I prefer to do mine on a daily basis from the inside out with lots of fresh whole fruits and veggies! THAT WORKS and is quite delicious, too! Good luck to you!
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    I'm gonna do this, but only 'cause it sounds lovely! And it'll be a really easy way to clean the bath too, ha! Ding!

Edited to say nice dog Susan, rruuuuff!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    I tried, but I was unable to drink the entire tubful.

ROFL!!!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Ok, this would obviously not be my main source of weight loss.I would eat healthy and exercise..I am going back on what I called my "Honduras and Nicaragua Mission Trip Diet"...........for those who tried the detox bath did you lose any weight?

Honduras and Nicaragua Mission Trip Diet? Are you planning to starve yourself? Then, yes, you might lose weight.
    *facepalm*
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Depending on where the mission trip takes place, you might catch a bug that causes gastrointestinal distress which will result in weight loss.

Jeff-daniels-toilet-dumb-an.jpg

That's nothing compared to the face they'll be pulling when some ginger gets into those *special* places...
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Okay, you had me crying!! Too funny
    Uh-oh :indifferent:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    tumblr_mkz19mr5mx1qip9cno1_500.gif
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    That was just one recipe for the detox bath....I have heard of being losing a pound or 2 everytime they have done so.

More than likely, it is a temporary water loss. Definitely not fat. It is no better than the wraps.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    your kidneys remove toxins from your body already.

Your kidneys do, but if you are full of toxins your kidneys need help because the kidneys and liver become sluggish and you gain weight as a result.. Detox gets rid of toxins thus can aid in weightloss.

Strong first post. :noway:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Hi y'all! How are you doing on your weight loss? I am down 25 pounds...not really sure how I lost it because I haven't been "faithful" on my eating plan and exercise. lol. Any way, I have 100 pounds more to lose.

Have any of you tried the detox bath for weight loss? If so did you lose weight?

Did you know you can lose weight and detox by taking a big ole deuce? (Uh, not in the tub Einstein)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Did you know you can lose weight and detox by taking a big ole deuce? (Uh, not in the tub Einstein)
    I cannot stop laughing at this!