do you count all the calories?

or just the bad ones? i dont need to count the calories from chicken breast or fruit do i?

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Depends on whether you want the calorie counter to be a useful tool or a total waste of time.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    I count absolutely everything except sugar free gum.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    The whole point of tracking calories is to make sure you are either in a deficit to lose weight or in maintenance to maintain weight. If you only tracked the bad stuff it wouldn't be very helpful. You need to track every little thing you put in your mouth, including caloric drinks if tracking is to be useful.
  • I count everything, even a tiny dob of tomato sauce
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    If it contains even 1 calorie, I log it. I even log coffee, which has none. Just because it's from something good for you, doesn't mean it's 'free'...it still counts towards your daily caloric intake.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    If you want to know how all of your food choices add up together, then you log everything. If you don't really care, then you don't bother.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    or just the bad ones? i dont need to count the calories from chicken breast or fruit do i?

You should only count the calories that have calories. Don't count the calorie-free calories. For the most party anything other than water or coffee with on additives should be counted.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    I'm just counting your abs.:drinker:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    What counts as calories? Someone help me!
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member

Although chicken breast and fruit are healthy, you still need to see how much of them you are eating. Track the chicken to see how much protein you are eating, the fruit to see how many carbs/sugars. Maybe you aren't getting enough. You should track every single thing that goes into your mouth except for your toothbrush.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    I just count the ones with nutrition facts attached. The rest I assume are calorie free since there are no facts available.
  • SassyLynndog
    SassyLynndog Posts: 10 Member
    Anything you eat or drink that is not water, black coffee, or sugarless tea, is calories.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    I'm just counting your abs.:drinker:

you admiring?
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    If you close your eyes while eating, you don't need to log the calories. Also, if you open your eyes while eating, you only have to log the calories in foods that begin with "M".

True story.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member

Um, which calories do you think that your body digests? :laugh: (Hint: ALL of them!)
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member

I make smoothies for breakfast most morning. Consists of mostly fruit. Is usually in excess of 700 calories. So.. uh.. YES I count it.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    I would say most of my calories. I def don't count the pills I take, but I'm starting to slack on it...
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    What counts as calories? Someone help me!

Only calories from fish and pudding count. Everything else is free.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    wow. tough troll to spot this one.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    This is a troll right? Two pounds to lose?