Good intentions, but..................

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,542 Member
After 30 days of no logging, I delete those MFP friends.

Everyone coming in has good intentions, but few actually have the tenacity to stick with the weight loss/maintenance process for extended period of time.

So how long have you been doing it?

Me, I've done this for almost 30 years now, mostly in the maintenance category.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    I think I've been logging into MFP for 70 plus days now. I started out without any real support, I wasn't wrting down or logging calories. I was just busy cleaning up my diet. My sister had mentioned something in passing about MFP and I googled it and I've been here since. I added in exercise and cleaned up my diet even more, yet leaving room for an occasional treat. I've tried so many fad diets and even took diet pills, which my doctor offered me at my last appointment (no way). I'm not quite sure what changed this time, but I know it's different; I'm different and I've made my goals/intentions a priorty and I've been pretty clear with my friends and family. I don't remember the last time I've felt this good and the exercise is helping so much with my sleep, I don't know how I ever went without it. Thanks for the thread, hope to see a lot of responses :smile:
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have logged for a long time, but then I became sick for two weeks or so and now I'm back for the first day.

I have one rule about dieting: I do not log when sick.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've been losing weight/working on it for 8 months now. Finally managed to make it to 30 pounds lost, which another 10 to go till my original goal weight. (however with the way I look I don't imagine I will be happy yet with myself at my original goal weight)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i have been on MFP for like seven months...but I have been working out, eating healthy, etc etc for seven years now ...I would say this year I got really serious about lifting heavy and watching macros ...previously I was not counting calories or macros and doing a lot of circuit training, cardio, plyo etc....
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I played around with MFP for a couple of years before finally getting serious about seven week ago. I've logged every day since then, and I've lost about a pound a week. It works! And I'm inspired by people who have been doing this for a lifetime.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for years...doing it right for 130 days.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since 2010 but switched accounts about 6 months ago for various reasons. I've been consistently logging since 2011 and gave no plans to change that any time soon :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    3½ years. I didn't start on MFP right away though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have been on MFP for 2 years, maintaining for 18 months.... but at the moment trying to lose a bit more bodyfat. i havent put any weight back on, just dont think i am wuite 'there' yet with how i want my body to be. (abs would be great!)

i am currently on 97(ish) day run, which will be spoilt when i go on holiday in a fortnight!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Maintaining for 30 yrs. On MFP to learn more about nutrition & fitness. I am always learning something new. I don't log my food every day or log in consistently, but I like the forums. (Lots of misinformation gets posted too, so I am alert).
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    No, no, no. I just want you to know how – I just want you to know how sorry we are that-that things got so f*cked up with us and-and Mr. Wallace. I-I-It...we-we got into this thing with the best intentions. Really. I never...

*gunshot*

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. You were saying something about "best intentions"? [silence] What's the matter? Oh, y-you were finished? Oh, well, allow me to retort. What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i am on 135 days logged. I have been dieting and living the healthy lifestyle since about October and have dropped 45 pounds with about 25 till goal weight. I find i have more and more people on my friends list that haven't logged on in forever. Its unfortunate more people dont stick with it.
  • aaronagostini
    aaronagostini Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MFP, but not that new to logging. I think that finally, FINALLY, it has sunk in what "lifestyle change" means. When you see so many fit people who are still at it, logging what they eat, it helps to sink in that you really need to have consistent effort AND pay consistent attention.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,542 Member
    Options
    No, no, no. I just want you to know how – I just want you to know how sorry we are that-that things got so f*cked up with us and-and Mr. Wallace. I-I-It...we-we got into this thing with the best intentions. Really. I never...

*gunshot*

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. You were saying something about "best intentions"? [silence] What's the matter? Oh, y-you were finished? Oh, well, allow me to retort. What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
    Lol, I haven't seen that movie in ages.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP since November. I haven't lost any big numbers but I am happier with myself. I like all the information that is available to those who are willing to search for it. I also delete those who haven't logged in for 30 days.
  • ElizabethLovesFood
    ElizabethLovesFood Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    been logging 16 days i think..have lost 8.6 lbs and 13 inches in first 2 weeks..have lost 27lbs this year..not giving up! add me i always could use inspiration and motivation
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    310 days in... I have good intentions... I did not 'log' every single one of those days however.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for sometime, over a year but I didn't log until January...I think? And I've hit a few bumps along the way, but I'm getting into it and I feel it's helped me so much to have people to be friendly with but also give support, get direction/advice and just all around helps keep me on track. It really has helped when you work with it not against it haha.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I only log exercise. I used to log my food, but didn't find it particularly useful. I lost 80 lbs before I started, and when I logged, I lost weight at the same rate I was before I joined. Now that I've stopped logging food, I'm continuing to lose weight at the same rate. So that's not a tool I need, really.

Exercise is where I need to set goals and motivate myself, and it's been incredibly helpful for that.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it wrong for 25 years.

Been doing it right for 2 years, 4 months, and 20 days (less than half that time of mfp). I eat a reasonable amount of whatever I want, I work hard with weight training 3x a week and have found an inner strength I never though I had. BEST thing I EVER did for myself!