What languages do you speak?

Options

Replies

• hayzeus1216
    Options
    English and Spanish...and French Wine Labels.
  • PaliDNAnge
    PaliDNAnge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    English is my first language. Arabic is my second language since I'm born into an Arabic speaking family. I learned the language from my parents. I probably read at a preschooler's level trying to sound out the letters. lol I know basic French from high school and college, although I probably understand it more written than spoken.
  • Diana8923
    Diana8923 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here an thrilled to see so many nice and fun people. :)
    I speak English since the 2nd grade. I speak German at home, though I live in Romania and thus speak Romanian most of the time. In High School I learned a bit of French and in College some Italian.
  • PandaPharm
    PandaPharm Posts: 5
    Options
    My English is fluent, mi español está bien, und mein Deutsch ist nicht gut, aber ich lerne.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    English (obviously) and French, a little Spanish, plus I can read Latin and follow a little Italian. And i can read a Dutch menu :happy:

My late father-in-law used to say "Darling, I can speak 5 languages and make love in 15". :laugh: (he was Hungarian).
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    English, and very basic (ie. lots of words but not quite conversational) German, Dutch and Polish (should be better at all three but I suck at languages lol).
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    english, french, malay, mandarin chinese, some japanese.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can count in Korean and know only phrases needed to participate in my taekwondo class.
    My children count in 4 languages, speak the same Korean I do, and they speak a bit of French and Spanish.
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    I speak English natively. I read Spanish and German at an intermediate level, speak Spanish at a basic level, speak German at an intermediate level, read and speak French at a basic level, and have the reading and speaking comprehension of a 4 or 5 year old in Korean. I've also got a basic vocabulary in ASL, but can understand much more in context, generally.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Tôi nói một chút tiếng việt

I speak (and read/write) a little Vietnamese.
  • Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Spanish is my first language i also speak English,Efe,A little Piglatin I Only Understand Italian Because i studied it but i only know what they say and i know some words...And i also know the language of Porfanity LOL
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    My mother tongue is Sesotho, which I can speak most of. At home we mostly speak English. South Africa has 11 official languages, including English and here in Pretoria we have people from almost all the language groups living and working here. In addition to my mother tongue and of course English, I can also speak Zulu, Xhosa, Setswana and a bit of Sepedi. I'm still struggling with Afrikaans, but hopefully I'll get the hang of eventually.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Fluent in English, German and Dutch.

And then some Brazilian Portuguese, Surinamese, French and Spanish.
  • ginmidori
    ginmidori Posts: 2
    Options
    Italian as my first language, then english, french, german and spanish. Also few words in chinese, due to my friendly neighbours, but i'm not really good at it :P
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I speak and read french fluently. I eavesdrop on my in-laws speaking Bronx english
  • LuisZ81
    LuisZ81 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hablo espanol
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    English, French and Spanish plus basic Italian and German and a few words from many places I've travelled to :smile:
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    English, German and some Italian. Living in the US but originally from Europe.
  • SammyRotten
    SammyRotten Posts: 20
    Options
    english, german, latin and a little bit french :)
  • gdrmuzak
    gdrmuzak Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    English and ASL (American Sign Language). I have a Deaf son.