Weight loss and boob loss

Options
Hey ladies :) I'm getting really down about losing my boobs along with the weight loss. I tried on a dress yesterday and just broke down in tears, as its like I have nothing up top anymore compared to before. They were the only part of me I liked before losing weight as well.
I still have around 10ish pounds to lose and to be honest the thought of my boobs getting even more smaller is making me not want to bother, I know this is stupid but its how I feel right now.

Has anyone felt down about their boobs while losing weight? How did you deal with it? Thanks for any feedback xx

Replies

• queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I feel that way. It is very discouraging. My goal weight is only a handful of pounds away, but sometimes I think I shouldn't lose anymore for this very reason. If I'm getting dressed up and going out now, I wear a padded bra to make up for what I've lost. Doesn't do me any good when I'm naked, but at least the rest of the world doesn't confuse me with my 10 year old son.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I feel that way. It is very discouraging. My goal weight is only a handful of pounds away, but sometimes I think I shouldn't lose anymore for this very reason. If I'm getting dressed up and going out now, I wear a padded bra to make up for what I've lost. Doesn't do me any good when I'm naked, but at least the rest of the world doesn't confuse me with my 10 year old son.

Sad to hear you are feeling the same queenbear :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    maybe look at it another way, whats more important, being healthy or having big boobs?
  • bleedingdesu
    bleedingdesu Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ah, I'm the opposite, I WISH I would lose some boob.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Getting fitted in a new bra does a lot. I went from 34DD to 30 DD. Yeah, they're smaller, but wearing the right bra helps.
  • sarac7620
    sarac7620 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    when i was a few stone heavier i was a double d. i loved them. then i went down to a C cup but now ive lost more weight and my bras are getting too big on me :( it's a horrible feeling
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Went from a C to a B..yeah it sucks..a lot...but hey gotta make sacrifices somewhere if you want to look and feel better :ohwell:
  • SophieC19
    Options
    when i was a few stone heavier i was a double d. i loved them. then i went down to a C cup but now ive lost more weight and my bras are getting too big on me :( it's a horrible feeling

I was a DD and I think I'm a C now too, really does bring the confidence down
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much the first place I lose also, and I don't have much to lose in that area...now my hips and tummy, that's another story. However, I don't mind the loss because I feel like smaller boob-age is attractive and goes well with an overall fit, lean, athletic look which is one of my goals as far as aesthetics.
  • SophieC19
    Options
    maybe look at it another way, whats more important, being healthy or having big boobs?

Of course being healthy is more important, but so is being happy with yourself :) I'm just trying to get around to being that way x
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have DDs. They're quite overrated. :ohwell:
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Boobs are made of FAT so you're losing FAT. I lost my boobs, too. I was a full C and now, I'm a negative A (from weaning my baby off, too). I don't really like it either but my husband says that skinny girls have small boobs. What he is really trying to say is that it is normal. Who cares what the world thinks what size you "should" be. You are healthy and alive working at a goal. A lot of people get boob jobs and that makes it unrealistic.
  • morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I wish I could feel your pain. After 14-20lbs of weight loss I went from a 32F to a 32G..

The back of my bra is too big though so dropping to a 30G as soon as i find somewhere that does bras in that size :(
  • SophieC19
    Options
    Boobs are made of FAT so you're losing FAT. I lost my boobs, too. I was a full C and now, I'm a negative A (from weaning my baby off, too). I don't really like it either but my husband says that skinny girls have small boobs. What he is really trying to say is that it is normal. Who cares what the world thinks what size you "should" be. You are healthy and alive working at a goal. A lot of people get boob jobs and that makes it unrealistic.

I never said I care what other people think, I'm talking about how the loss is making me feel about myself :)
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42DD to a 38D and have feel that it's not so much that I've "lost my boobs" as it is they've deflated. They were never perky to begin with (were really just rather saggy and looked best when in a bra) but now they're still saggy and just a hell of a lot flatter. I don't necessarily want implants when I'm done, but I wouldn't mind a boob lift so that what is there can be where it's supposed to be (i.e. my chest and not halfway down my belly!)
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I total understand. I swear I wear a sports bra more often now then my nice booby lifting bras. This weekend was date night and put on the cute red lace bra all to find my boobs swimming in the cup and not having enough to fill the cup any more. :(. So sad I love my boobies. When I started my weight loss adventure I was spilling out of a DD. Now I can am swimming in a D. Don't get me wrong I love the weight loss but I also love having nice full breast. Guess just got to get fitted for a new cute red bra again. The part that stinks is that a good bra that is going to make your boobie look hot is always going to cost you $40 or more bucks.
  • ellend17
    ellend17 Posts: 58
    Options
    I know how you feel!
    I had DD boobs, now i'm down to a C cup that now feels too big :(
    And to add insult to injury, I told my sister yesterday that I had hit the 'lost a stone' mark, and she said the only place you can tell i've lost weight is my collarbones and boobs.
    I can completely empathise with you not knowing whether to lose those few more pounds, personally, I feel it is worth it for me to get rid of some tummy and leg wobble, so i can feel my body is more balanced...
  • SophieC19
    Options
    I know how you feel!
    I had DD boobs, now i'm down to a C cup that now feels too big :(
    And to add insult to injury, I told my sister yesterday that I had hit the 'lost a stone' mark, and she said the only place you can tell i've lost weight is my collarbones and boobs.
    I can completely empathise with you not knowing whether to lose those few more pounds, personally, I feel it is worth it for me to get rid of some tummy and leg wobble, so i can feel my body is more balanced...

I am exactly the same! The only place my fat won't go is my thighs and tummy. And that's horrible :( I hope it didn't get you down too much xx
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I lost mine too, but like someone mentioned, get a good bra. A well fitting bra can make the difference in how the girls look. You can get them padded for a little extra umph, or my preference, the pushup bra. Though I wish they were bigger, being healthy is waaaaay more important.